Loading...

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Homemade Gifts Your Kids Will Like: Pretend Pizza


I love felt. It's so very Martha and it's easy to work with. Felt is inexpensive, it comes in enough colors to make a lot of cute stuff with and in my opinion, is a crafter's dream. I made this fun little pizza for my girls by recycling a small pizza box and lining it with some felt (it was a very clean pizza box -- if you needed one, I bet you could ask your local pizza place for a box) I made the pizza crust with stiff brown felt and the sauce and toppings are just cut out of scraps of soft felt (red triangle sauce, white onions and mushrooms, green peppers, yellow cheese and pineapple, black olives. The fabulous part is that the felt sticks to itself (just like a felt board) so it can be made and disassembled over and over again. The whole pie is cut into quarters and the girls love to make and deliver pizzas to each other in the playroom. Now isn't this more fun than a plastic fake pizza?

This would be such an easy craft to make as a fun and inexpensive gift for your own kids (don't forget cousins, nieces, nephews, box project recipients, etc) this upcoming holiday season. This would also be super cute to make and give as a birthday gift for that special small someone in your life, if your kids are old enough they can help you make it

I bet you can't resist playing with it yourself!

13 comments:

michelle said...

love that idea! we are getting the kids a big kitchen for christmas. those felt toys would be great :)

Melinda Zook said...

How fabulous. You always have the neatest ideas!

ParentingPink said...

Oh, so cute! You are so darn creative :-) You just have me a great idea though..maybe I'll make a felt board for the girls to play with this year for Christmas. Send more "crafty" ideas my way please...I can always use them :-)

P.S. See you today at the Daisy meeting. Wow - it's weird to write that on a blog :-) LOL

Kristen Andrews said...

what a great idea!

Eryn at HomeSchooledYear.com said...

Oh oh oh I love this! What child doesn't love pretend food?

I've got an embarrassingly large stack of felt in my craft box, this project is perfect to justify my felt hoarding.

I'll let you know when we make it :D

Frogs in my formula said...

That's really cute. When my son stops trying to eat his toys I'm going to give this a try.

Kalisha said...

You are so crafty! I love this idea! I have to go out and get more felt--thanks for sharing!
Kalisha

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

ooh, i love this! what a great idea.

Cairns said...

Way cute and easy, I ran across your blog from TCB. I will definately be making some for gifts this Christmas.

Amy said...

I've seen lots of cute felt food- but this is the first felt pizza, love the idea! My nieces would love that! Comin by from TCB!

gift to the Philippines said...

I love what you post here nice crafty great idea. Keep posting!

vitton

Bea~ Silk flower arrangements said...

This is really fun to make with kids around, they definitely love this. Fantastic idea. Thanks for sharing :)

Jim~ bean bags for kids said...

Felt paper or fabric is one the best materials to use for kids' craft,right? I love it too :) The pizza looks cute by the way.

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...