Friday, January 30, 2009

Martha's Flowers


In keeping with my homemade decorations for the upcoming baby shower tomorrow,
I decided to make my own flowers.
Fresh flowers are lovely but don't last very long
and I can't even compost them this time of year.
Why not make flowers I can re-use
for my daughter's birthday party and Valentine's day next month?

But I have to admit that buying this Martha Stewart crafts kit made my job a lot easier.
The directions were not as clear as I would have liked but I am very happy with the finished product. It was much easier than cutting all of the tissue paper myself, trimming floral wire, and hunting down my AWOL roll of florist's tape.

To make the "vase", I wrapped an empty cardboard Trader Joe's coffee can with scrap-booking paper scraps (from the invitations project) and used my CM tape runner to adhere it.

Reduce, Re-Use, Recycle and make it pretty while you're at it.

Now...I'm off to:
clean my house,
keep my kids from trashing the clean house,
bake cinnamon rolls and quiche,
and wash my grandmother's china and wine glasses
before the big day tomorrow!

I'll post photos after I recover from the big event.

6 comments:

michelle said...

I have always wanted to try those flowers. They look fabulous with your homemade vase. I can't wait to see the photos!

Court said...

How pretty and precious is that. What a trooper you are!

joanofalltrades said...

Wow! They really look real!

Michelle said...

Oh what a neat idea! You did a really great job. It's beyond my skill (ok, my patience) level, but I'm impressed by what you put together. Enjoy the baby shower!

And thanks so much for stopping by my blog yesterday on my SITS day. I had so much fun and am still wading through wonderful comments. I hope you enjoyed yourself and that you come back to visit soon!

Kathleen said...

You are amazing!

Pink Ink said...

That's pretty. I was just thinking how flowers would be a good pick me up about right now...

Thanks for stopping at my blog :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...