Friday, February 6, 2009

* Painted Snow - Have Some Crafty Snow Day Fun!!


The next time you're stuck indoors with the kids on a snow day,
ask yourself, "What would Pink and Green Mama do?"
The answer: get crafty with the kiddos!
Mix up some food coloring and water in spray bottles and paint the snow.



Whenever the weather outside is frightful, we bundle up 
and head outside to make some installation art.
I get out the spray bottles and fill them with colored water
(e.g. Water + Food Coloring OR Kool-Aid)
What would I do without food coloring?

I give my pint-sized Picasso three bottles,
red/blue/yellow
and the world becomes her canvas.
She even armed herself with spray bottles as she slid down the yard on her sled,
leaving colored stripes in her wake!

I love watching the Frog Princess mix colors in the snow.
When else does mom say, "Sure... paint the deck blue!"
The deck never looked more festive.


There is nothing like a little rainbow to brighten a gray and snowy day.


This is so much cooler than the other kind of yellow snow!

8 comments:

Happy Mom said...

This is possibly the single greatest idea for keeping kids busy and happy that I have ever heard. I'm going to keep this in mind for my minis the next time we have any snow (not that we get a lot here). Thanks!

Amy said...

That is brilliant! Even though I'm in FL I have family in UT so this is something I will definitely pass their way... thanks!

Simply-Mel said...

Omigosh - what a fantastic idea....now if it would only snow in Cape Town¬!!!

Martha Miller said...

i've done this with my kids and grandkids - fun! you can also take food colors to the beach and mix them with sand in yogurt cups. do a drawing in the sand then color it in by sprinkling the colored sand inside the lines!

Anna Lefler said...

I stink at crafts!

But I loved this post...

Thanks for visiting my blog - I really appreciate that!

Have a great weekend...

:^) Anna

Jen said...

That is so pretty!! I have to do this with my kiddos!! So much I want to do before winter goes away!!!

Jen

Jennifer Cameron said...

My kids love doing this too and they will make sledding "runs" in the front yard and after dark will get out a big shop light and shine it on the "run" they've created and try to get the other neighborhood moms to let the kids come over for after dark sledding. That part usually doesn't work. I guess I'm the freak of the hood. LOL!

Leslie Schlote said...

If the kiddos roll around in the snow after is it going to stain their cothes?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...