Loading...

Monday, May 4, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Week Gifts: Shower Them With Flowers

This week is
Teacher Appreciation Week.
Our elementary school is celebrating it's
hard-working teachers with events and gifts all week.

I always loved the sweet notes and drawings
my students would bring me.
Home-made anything
is always the best kind of gift.

I'm taking a page from my own playbook
this week and making home-made gifts
with the Frog Princess for her teachers.

First up,
May Day baskets of Paper Flowers.

Today, each child was asked to bring in a flower
for each of their teachers
resulting in lovely mixed bouquets
to brighten the classrooms all week.

Well, it's raining cats and dogs here
and my daffodils and tulips are done
so what's a crafty mama to do??
Make her own flowers of course!


I skipped over to my blogger idol,
Skip To My Lou
(check Cindy out - she's a craft rock star!)
and found templates for Lollipop Lillies,
Lollipop Butterflies,
and a cute paper May Day cone basket.
I made the flowers with pipecleaner stems instead,
and added some flowers cut from scraps
on my Sizzix.

The Frog Princess
added personalized notes
for each of her teachers...
(and lollipop butterflies)


We added colorful flower ribbon handles
and she was off to school
to present her first gift of the week
to her wonderful Kindergarten teachers.


Coming up next...
more special gifts for each day of the week.

4 comments:

michelle said...

those are adorable! i still have a ton of notes from my students :)

EntertainingMom said...

My kids would have fun with that!

Our school (a small private school with less than 300 kids) has all the kids show up in the dining room with flowers. (Each student brings at least 2 flowers) and a gaggle of moms volunteer to put all the flowers in vases so that all the teachers, not just those who have homerooms) get a lovely bouquet. It's beautiful and lovely to see all the bouquets at the end of the morning. Each lower school child (preK - 4th) has to make a card for his or her teacher. I love that they do this as it's a simple thought and gesture and speaks volumes and you do not have to spend a lot of money. The parents also host a Teacher Appreciation Lunch and many lovely assorted items are brought in to make the teachers lunch a lovely one.

Miko's Girl said...

How perfect! I'm trudging out in the rain to cut flowers from the garden. G's teacher loved the "bubble gum" scented iris. Once the irises are done blooming, Mrs. Ashcraft will get her a division to grow in her garden.

Mommy of Many said...

Love the pill box idea with the little notes. You find the cutest crafts!

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...