Saturday, July 18, 2009
In keeping with our Rainbow theme,
the Frog Princess and I thought it would be fun
to try to make Rainbow Sand
in our (outdoor) sand table.
It seemed like a good idea at the time
I'll say this. We tried it.
The sand looked really cool for a few minutes.
I used liquid watercolor.
The problem with liquid watercolor
is that it turns back into liquid watercolor
and stains EVERYTHING
each time it touches water.
Look how pretty it was...before.
Then the colors started to bleed into each other,
they turned into a muddy blue gray color...
our hands turned a dark blue/purple/gray color.
the water turned a dark blue/purple/gray color.
the sand table turned a dark/purple/gray color.
I didn't take a photo of this.
I didn't want to stain my camera!!
We emptied the sand out, and put a fresh bag in the box.
Oh well. At least we tried it, and learned something new.
So much for ARTsy sand.
Maybe We'll Just Stick to Moon Sand when we want color!!
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- * Rainbow Rice Eye Spy Bottle
- Make An Ocean In A Bag
- Wordless Wednesday: Rainbows Around the House
- Make Your Own Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Art On The Go! Re-Use That Diaper Caddy
- Rainbow Bath Time!
- Rainbow Sand
- Rainbow Rice Is Twice As Nice! Make Your Own Color...
- Rainbow Camp
- * Color My Driveway: DIY Cornstarch Sidewalk Paint...
- * Coffee Table Fairy Land
- Confessional Sunday: Five Questions Game
- Nature Crafts: How To Make Your Own Flower Press
- ▼ July (13)