Friday, August 7, 2009
* Preschool At Home: Number Games You Can Count On
We've been making up our own
little "counting games"
I love the way you can count
and sort any collection with your kids.
It keeps them busy,
gets their little brains going,
and reinforces those math skills during summer vacation.
This re-purposed egg carton
has been perfect for counting and sorting
mini-sea shells, buttons, etc.
It is Styrofoam so I couldn't recycle it...
(I've been saving my cardboard cartons for all kinds of fun projects!)
We've been sorting and counting:
frogs (plastic not real)
smarties (candy - we call it "Smarty Math"),
and jelly beans
to name a few....
I printed out these great counting 1-10
flash cards from Playful Learning
Here's a link to the counting cards!
(She used sea shells with her 3 year old)
I printed mine on lavender card stock
and set them on a tray with a bowl
of glass "rocks" from the dollar store.
Counting to ten is exhausting when you're only 2 and a half!
Mini-Saurus "C" can't actually count all the way to 10
by herself yet but she repeats back the names
of the numbers as we say them together
and she "gets" how to line up the glass stones
on the dots of the flash cards.
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- Baby Pajamas Shadow Box
- Kid's Craft: Mosaic Brick Doorstop
- Make Your Own Play Typewriter
- Just Add Water: Cornstarch Packing Peanut Art
- Kid's Craft: Garden Trellis Bling
- Make Your Own Flower Lamp
- * Is There A Fairy In the House ? Kid's Garden Fa...
- Newest Member of Our Family: Tiny The Snail
- Family Fun Magazine - Our Five Minutes of Fame
- Home-Made Yoga Mat Strap
- Kid's Craft: Decoupage Stamp Box
- Kid's Craft: Painted Sea Shells
- Daddy Camp: Kid-Friendly Cement Stepping Stones fo...
- Daddy Camp: Re-Cycled Crayons Using Solar Energy
- Daddy Camp: Make Your Own Gummy Candy
- Kid's Craft: Make A Mini Chalk Board
- Gardening With Kids - Sweet Potato Vine
- * Preschool At Home: Number Games You Can Count On...
- Two Of A Kind
- Preschool At Home: Make Your Own Sensory Balls
- ▼ August (20)