Saturday, September 12, 2009
* Kid's Art: Fun With Tape Resist
My good friend Jen (in real life and bloggy land)
posted this great tape resist project that she did with her daughter
last week. Check out her post at Paint Cut Paste here.
I don't know why I forgot about taping off painting edges
and using painter's tape or masking tape for resist effects.
I watched my mom do it a million times (she's a fabulous watercolorist!)
I used to do it all the time in my own pre-mommyhood-artist watercoloring days.
So fun to try a new technique with your kids!
So, we taped off a piece of white drawing paper.
I should have used heavy weight watercolor paper
or my old printmaking favorite Arches Rives BFK.
(oh...talk dirty to me! You have NO idea how much I love that paper)
The paper we used was old and wimpy so it tore a bit when we pulled up the tape.
Or it was because we used cheap-o kid craft masking tape
instead of real painter's tape but the 2.5 year old didn't care or seem to notice!
We both had a blast and she was proud of her finished masterpiece.
Now I want to try it again on canvas!
And of course the Frog Princess came home and saw it... now she wants to make one too.
Guess what we'll be doing this weekend?!
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- Preschool In A Box: ABC Box
- Barbie Play School In A Cardboard Box
- Snail Love: Homemade Gary The Snail
- * Kid's Art: Mixed Media Rainbow
- * Paper Plate Color Wheel Toddler Matching Game
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Magnetic Tree
- * Kid's Art: Fun With Tape Resist
- Tooth Fairy Pillow Instructable
- Who Lives In a Pineapple Under the Sea? Home Made ...
- Felt Finger Puppets
- First Day of First Grade- Backpacks and Snack Boxe...
- Play Time: Mini Play-Doh Lands
- Back To School Teacher Gift
- Snail Love
- Backyard Clothesline Part Two
- Backyard Clothesline
- ▼ September (16)