Thursday, September 3, 2009
The Frog Princess has a soft spot
for tiny critters...
snails are the latest obsession.
She wanted to build a solar-powered
robot snail but we didn't want to spend
our retirement money at Radio Shack
and I don't have an engineering degree...
so she came up with this one instead.
Check it out --
she attached a small piece of
almost invisible thread
to pull him along and his shell
(you can click it on and off a lego
in the center with double looped tape on it)
Remember "Tiny" the snail?
Our newest family member?
"Tiny" the Snail comes up to her
whenever she opens
the panty hose lid on his habitat
and eats cucumber from her hand.
She's like the Snail Whisperer.
He is pretty cute.
He had a small fall tonight
when she was changing out his water,
and has a small crack at the edge of his shell.
I've done some snail-research on google
this evening and I think he'll be okay.
She felt awful, and worried
he would think she didn't love him.
I'm keeping my fingers (and toes!) crossed
that this little guy lasts a long time.
She'll be devastated if something happens to him.
We're off to get him a cuttle shell
in the morning... they are supposed to help
speed up the shell healing process.
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- Preschool In A Box: ABC Box
- Barbie Play School In A Cardboard Box
- Snail Love: Homemade Gary The Snail
- * Kid's Art: Mixed Media Rainbow
- * Paper Plate Color Wheel Toddler Matching Game
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Magnetic Tree
- * Kid's Art: Fun With Tape Resist
- Tooth Fairy Pillow Instructable
- Who Lives In a Pineapple Under the Sea? Home Made ...
- Felt Finger Puppets
- First Day of First Grade- Backpacks and Snack Boxe...
- Play Time: Mini Play-Doh Lands
- Back To School Teacher Gift
- Snail Love
- Backyard Clothesline Part Two
- Backyard Clothesline
- ▼ September (16)