Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Preschool At Home: ABC and 123 Leaves



The Mini-Saurus and I were trolling
Michaels Craft store
this week and saw these foam leaves
and silk fall leaves.

I made the girls a foam leaf alphabet
for their learning shelves.
I even made a second set to give to my
favorite kindergarten teacher!

I added leaves to the yellow tote bags
with fusible webbing ironed onto some fall leaf fabric
from my stash.


Here are the two alphabets
on my kitchen table.


Then I numbered some leaves
1 - 10

I know I saw this great idea on another blog
and now I can't remember who/where....
(thank. you. mommy brain)
so, if it was you, send me a note/comment
so I can give you credit!!

Note: It was at My Montessori Journey!
(click for the link)


They make a pattern too....
Maple Leaf, Oak Leaf, Maple Leaf, etc.

(and yes...I made two sets, one for me
and one for my favorite kindergarten teacher!)

12 comments:

Amanda said...

I just picked up a bag of glittery leaves at Walmart last night for a dollar. I love the number idea, if it works on my glitter leaves it will be in one of Madison's play trays by the end of the day! Thank you for the idea!

MaryAnne said...

Two great ideas, thanks for sharing!

The Fifth Street Mama said...

Well I must say I wish i was your favorite kindergarten teacher:) Those are great! The simplest ideas are usually the very best!

Rebecca said...

What great ideas! I probably would've passed them right by!

Jessica said...

Did you see it here:

http://mymontessorijourney.typepad.com/my_montessori_journey/2009/09/leaf-number-sequencing.html

Bridgett said...

Great idea!!!

My 4 year old is having a hard time with her letters...so this could help.

)O(
boo

Pink & Green Mama said...

Jessica,

YES!! THank you and I've added a link to this post. Thanks again : )

Fondly,
pink and green mama MaryLea

Micah said...

This is a great post.. Very informative... I can see that you put a lot of hard work on your every post that's why I think I'd come here more often. Keep it up! By the way, you can also drop by my blogs. They're about Vegetable Gardening and Composting. I'm sure you'd find my blogs helpful too.

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

So beautiful!

thephantommoon said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing this perfect craft, especially with fall right around the corner.

Katie said...

Oh I so wish I'd have been your favorite kindergarten teacher! I had to make my own alphabet leaf set once upon a time. Love the cute bag to go with it.

teachmama said...

I totally used this idea, and I hope it's okay. . . I saw the packs of leaves for nothin' at Michaels and had to grab a few! Thanks for another great idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...