Sunday, October 11, 2009
Preschool At Home: Smelling Game
We resurrected an oldie but goodie.
The Smelling Game.
We filled small plastic jars
with various kid-safe scents
(for example: cinnamon, mint gum,
vinegar, lemon extract, vanilla,
allspice, pepper, etc.)
One scent per two jars
so they make a matched set.
Then we place a cotton ball on top
so you can't see what's inside.
You take off the lids
use your sense of smell,
find the matching pairs.
The girls love it.
It's great practice for
opening and closing
jar lids too!
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- Reflecting on Halloween Past and Present
- * Woolly Bear Caterpillar Habitat
- Science At Home: Anti-Gravity Brooms
- Halloween Fun: Toilet Paper Roll Pumpkin Craft
- Preschool at Home: Twizzler Shape Lesson
- Pink and Green Mama Crafts: Halloween Stained Glas...
- Preschool At Home: Practice With Scissors
- Painting Fall Trees With Kids
- Preschool At Home: Halloween Tissue Paper Craft
- Preschool At Home: Smelling Game
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Tree With Fall Leaves
- Preschool At Home: Sorting Pom-Poms With Tweezers
- Preschool At Home: ABC and 123 Leaves
- Etsy Sneak Peek!
- Preschool At Home: DIY Easy Homemade Geoboard Make...
- Indoor Garden: Making Terrariums With Kids
- ▼ October (16)