Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Homemade Christmas: Noodle Ornament
The Frog Princess made this ornament for me as my
Christmas present last year.
Her wonderful Kindergarten teachers make these every year and I love them!
I think they start by tracing a template of the star shape.
(or the teachers may have pre-cut them...)
The star is cut out of white posterboard.
Note: a small hole is punched in the top so a ribbon can be threaded through it to hang it up later.
The kids glue assorted noodles/dry pasta onto the stars with white school glue
(and leave the centers open).
When they are dry, the teachers spray paint them metallic silver outdoors and let them dry.
Then, the kids glue a small photo of themselves in the center.
Mine hangs on the wall year round but travels to the tree for Christmas.
I can't wait to get one from Mini-Saurus in a few years!
These are the treasures that will hang in my nursing home room
(many years down the road!)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- ► 2010 (172)
- Celebrating Family With Personalized Art Work
- Homemade Christmas Crafts: Easy Ornaments with Cra...
- Re-cycled Christmas Wrapping Paper Fashion Show!
- Homemade Christmas Crafts: Drinking Straw and Bead...
- Homemade Christmas Crafts: Christmas Tree Sewing L...
- Celebrating Christmas: St. Lucia Was Here
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: Shrinky Dink Photo Ornam...
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: Stocking Stuffer Exchang...
- Homemade Christmas Gift: Stocking Stuffer Preview
- * Homemade Christmas Crafts: Pine Cone Elves
- Preschool Christmas: Silver Noodle Star Ornaments!...
- Homemade Christmas: Noodle Ornament
- Homemade Christmas: Glue Snowman Ornament
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: Catnip Mice
- Homemade Christmas: Felt Poinsettia Pins
- Wishing You A Very Merry SITSmas!!
- Homemade Christmas Baby Gift: Crinkle, Crinkle Lit...
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: Felt Needle Book
- Homemade Christmas: Tomato Cage Christmas Tree
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: Redwork Hand Print Sampl...
- ▼ December (20)