Tuesday, January 12, 2010
* Berry FUN Felt Fairy Berry Houses for Strawberry Shortcake and her Friends!
I came up with this little berry house
pattern last weekend and the girls have been
BERRY Happy with the results!
Our Strawberry Shortcakes dolls have been making lots of house calls,
visiting each other for slumber parties and baking mini pies
(I'll post them soon!)
They've also been a fun addition to our fairy land.
I have many fond memories of playing with my own
Strawberry Shortcake dolls with my childhood best friend, Jessica.
Sadly, my dolls got all icky, sticky a few years ago.
They grew weird greenish gray spots on their arms an legs ,
(maybe they had berry pox!)
They're long gone but it would have been fun to pass them along to my own girls.
The new dolls are sweet and I like their smaller size.
The hair smells just the way I remember it.
The olfactory memory triggers I get when I play with the girls are so fun!
It's amazing how a smell from childhood can trigger such strong memories.
Each house has it's own felt leaf mat...
a little flower on top...
and two little windows to let in the sun!
I wish I'd had one when I was little.
Wishing you a berry fun day!
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- Home Made Felt Cinnamon Roll
- Old School Crafting: Weaving Ribbon Barrettes
- Upcycled Sweater Hot Water Bottle Cozy
- Homemade Felt Sugar Cookie Baking Set
- Home Made Felt Chinese Food
- Kid's Craft: Valentine Heart Wreath
- Arrr.... It's a Pirate's Map for Me! Homemade Pira...
- Art History: Gorgeous Watercolor Georgia O'Keeffe ...
- Waldorf Window Stars
- * Berry FUN Felt Fairy Berry Houses for Strawberry...
- How To Make A Play Felt Igloo
- Winter Play Mat
- * Felt Mushroom Fairy House
- ▼ January (13)
- ► 2009 (161)