Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Home Made Felt Chinese Food


I made this felt food for the girls
and their play kitchen a while back.

But never got around to posting it....

Chinese take-out and Sushi
are favorite foods
of the Frog Princess.

If you have older kids,
this would be super fun
to do with them...
(I could see mini versions of this food
for our American Girl-sized dolls!)


This is my easy-peasy
NO-Sew
felt food.

To make the broccoli:

1. Fold over
a piece of green felt
roll it up
(like a cinnamon roll)

2. Glue the little stem
with some hot glue
(from your glue gun)
Don't burn your fingers
(I always do!)

3. Then carefully snip
the little folds
with some small
sharp scissors
to create the "loops".


The "Spring Roll"
was made by cutting up
long and skinny
bits of left over felt
from my scrap basket
in cream, green, orange
(like matchstick carrots)

Wrap it all up
(burrito-style)
in a piece of tan felt

Glue the ends and seam
when it looks like a spring roll.

Then, I carefully cut it in half.


For the "Fortune Cookies"
Just cut a circle of tan felt,
fold it in half
and secure the edges
with a bit of glue.

(ppssst...I used my Sizzix Circle template
so it was super-dooper easy!)

I did cheat and use
a tiny bit of thread
to sew the two ends
to make them touch....

but I'm guessing you
could do it with glue
if you REALLY don't want
to sew anything!


Yumm....
now where's my duck sauce?

8 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh my gosh, this is awesome. Where do you keep coming up with this stuff?

Erika said...

That is so great! I have been meaning to make some felt food for these little girls. The playroom always have to be "cleaned first." This looks so easy I think I'll go make some broccoli right now! Thanks for sharing and have a great day!!

Kindly,

Erika

Lisa said...

As usual, very cool, and these aren't something I've seen before. Thanks!

MommaMindy said...

You are amazing! I made the standard bacon and eggs years ago with fabric, but could never come up with anything else I could make. These are so cute!

Jen said...

So cute! Love the fortune cookies. Very creative.

Jen
Creative and Curious Kids!

Wendy said...

Fabulous idea!

SpartanGirl said...

What a great idea! These are so cute! Thanks for sharing!

Heidi@OneCreativeMommy.com said...

Love these. Thanks for these fantastic tutorials! I'd love for you to link this (and any other felt projects you'd like to share) up at my Felt Food Roundup on OneCreativeMommy.com. I hope to see you there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...