Happy Fake Baking!
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Homemade Felt Sugar Cookie Baking Set
I've seen baking sets like this around the web, on Etsy, and on various blogs.
Being the crafty mama that I am, I made a set for our play kitchen.
I even learned how to do a blanket stitch for this project!
I used cream felt for the raw dough and traced a cookie cutter we had in the house.
I blanket stitched around the edges of the "dough" the openings, and the cut out stars.
Note: I would have preferred to use a cool "old school" metal cookie cutter
but didn't have one that was a good basic shape.
and... Mini-Saurus really wanted to make "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star cookies"
It's hard to argue with that!
I partially filled an old sprinkle jar with some beads and super-glued the lid on.
Note: It would be cool to fill the jar more than I did, but I didn't want to waste
all of our bead stash on a jar that we couldn't open!
Sorry for the late afternoon shadows on our playroom table but you get the idea!
The "baked" cookies were made out of tan felt and had
pink (Mini-Saurus' favorite) felt frosting and sprinkles.
They have been a lovely addition to our playroom tea parties.
I may have to make a few sets as birthday gifts for some of the girl's friends.
Happy Fake Baking!
Note: This would be an adorable homemade Valentine's Day gift
for your littles if you used a heart shaped cookie cutter!
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- Home Made Felt Cinnamon Roll
- Old School Crafting: Weaving Ribbon Barrettes
- Upcycled Sweater Hot Water Bottle Cozy
- Homemade Felt Sugar Cookie Baking Set
- Home Made Felt Chinese Food
- Kid's Craft: Valentine Heart Wreath
- Arrr.... It's a Pirate's Map for Me! Homemade Pira...
- Art History: Gorgeous Watercolor Georgia O'Keeffe ...
- Waldorf Window Stars
- * Berry FUN Felt Fairy Berry Houses for Strawberry...
- How To Make A Play Felt Igloo
- Winter Play Mat
- * Felt Mushroom Fairy House
- ▼ January (13)
- ► 2009 (161)