Loading...

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Birthday Party Highlights: Pirates and Mermaid Party



The Mini Saurus "C" celebrated her third birthday
this weekend with a Pirates and Mermaids bash!


Cake was homemade by mom.
Brown sugar sand/beach for C's favorite polly pockets and Play Mobil dolphins.

Decorated AS the first guests were arriving...
Long story involving our cupcake holders
Pirates and Mermaids (so cute -- from Meri Meri)
Lost by FedEx because of the blizzard and not arriving till super late
the night before the party... after I baked the cake.

(Meri Meri even refunded my money and told me to keep them, how nice are they?!)


Snacks... kitchen table draped with a white table cloth and
3.5 yards of mermaid fabric from Walmart, folded in half as a no-sew table runner.
Topped off with three yards of blue tulle.


Goodie buckets (from the dollar store)
line the stairs and add welcome color to the entryway.
A good place to deposit treasures during the party!

They are waiting to be filled by the guests with buried treasure and craft projects!
(psst...there is a pirate eye patch waiting in each one)


A tribute to "C"s betta fish, "Baby Gippy"
(recycled decor from E's fishy 3rd bday party)


(Will post more details about this project in a separate post!)


PLAY and EXPLORE
What is everyone looking for in the ball pit?

(our wading pool with a bag of ball pit balls... also great for snowy and rainy day play)


"Buried Treasure" of course! (aka Dollar store glass beads
and gravel that I spray painted metallic gold)


Popping bubbles from the battery operated bubble machine
was a popular past time for kids of all ages.


A full bucket at the end of the party...
The kids got paper mache treasure boxes to collect their "buried treasure"


A view from upstairs... when I went to check on this


An impromptu talent show and dance party in the Frog Princess' room!


I colored the cake batter her favorite colors, pink and purple
with a skinny white layer in between.
(a test drive for E's cake next month!)


Favorite cousin checking out our fish tank
(I put a cut out mermaid on the glass in the back of the tank!)


One very happy Mermaid Princess Birthday Girl!


Love you cutie pie!

xoxo,

15 comments:

EntertainingMom said...

I love this and I am so GOING to use SO many of these ideas for Alexander's 5th Birthday this fall!

Johanna said...

what amazing ideas! I love the wading pool filled with balls! What a great idea!

e.m. said...

You are a woman (mom) after my own heart! We have already created your under water and artic boxes! Love your blog! Thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth Patch said...

what a cute fun happy party! thanks for stopping by my blog and helping make my SITS day so wonderful!

Cheryl said...

Cute, creative & doesn't break the bank. And it works for a wide age range. Love the brown sugar as sand idea...will have to try that.

Darby said...

It was truly wonderful and I can't believe my adorable niece is 3! What a fun way to celebrate.

Cassie said...

That is a cool cake! I love the looking for treasure activity!

Tonya's Books said...

Very cute ideas! I love the goodie buckets going up the stairs- looks like a beautiful rainbow! Love it!

Molly said...

Love your blog
Love your blog
Love your blog
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morgan said...

What a fun party! How creative on spraying the gravel gold. The cake looks great too!

Leslie said...

I'm a fellow blogger and have been looking for over 1/2 hour on your blog for a way to contact you- to no avail. Please contact me through my website so I can email you about using some of your photos to entice my birthday party focused clients to go to your website. I've a contact form on my website you can use: http://www.birthdaypartygameslady.com/ACC/Inquiries.htm.

I believe that over time I can bring a lot of traffic to your site, but using your photos will most certainly help in that effort.

I do hope to hear from you.

I see you moderate your comments, so there's no need to publish this, just PLEASE contact me.

Leslie

Andie said...

You are so awesome! What great party ideas!! Keep the good ideas comin'!

gina said...

just scrolled through all of those amazing ideas- perfect for my soon to be six this summer's party- because she has boy and girl friends she invites!! LOVE them!!

Katie said...

What a CUTE party! Oh how I miss the Dollar Store! So many creative ideas, love everything you did :) THanks for the link!

internetexplorer said...

This is my sister's favorite theme. It's sweet, colorful and just suits a kid's innocence. Glad to be exploring the net and found great Little Mermaid birthday party ideas like this. THis is going to be my niece's party theme next year. yehey <3 God bless always! I would love to pin some photos from this post hope it's find with you.

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...