Wednesday, March 17, 2010
* Homemade Fabric Tree Stump Fairy House
I started making this as a birthday gift for one (or both) of the girls
but I couldn't wait to show it to them, so (of course) I gave it to them
as soon as I finished it...
Yes, their birthdays are in February and March.
Yes, I finished this in December ( a few days after Christmas)
and gave it to them during a blizzard during winter break this January.
I am an instant gratification crafter when it comes to making stuff
for my own kids... I can never save it as a surprise.
Tink was ecstatic to have a new place to call home.
Heads up for those of you getting ready to ask for a tutorial...
I free-form stitched the whole thing without a pattern.
I do a lot of my crafting this way, I just make it up as I go
(again, the instant gratification thing)
This is only a problem, when I'm asked to make more than one of something...
since there isn't a pattern it's a bit tricky to re-create.
I can try but it won't be the same.
I sandwiched plastic craft mesh between two pieces of fabric to create rigid base/platform
(and only broke ONE sewing machine needle in the process).
I used organic cotton quilters batting between two shades of brown cotton fabric
for the stump and free-hand machine-stitched the "bark" patterns.
The roots are stuffed and stitched to the base.
Our Mama Kopp slugs and snails LOVE to visit here for tiny acorn cap tea parties!
(check out her Etsy Shop here)
For another WONDERFUL Fairy Tree Stump you can make
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- Goodnight Peep Diorama -- Peeps Show IV
- Homemade Gift: Lego Book
- Homemade Gift: Sock Animals
- * Backyard Spring Fun
- Easter Basket with Grass
- Around Our House...
- Kids Art: Fishy Watercolor
- * Homemade Fabric Tree Stump Fairy House
- Dreaming of Spring: Wooden Birds Nest
- * Indoor Cat Fairy Garden
- Glitter Glue Jewelry Boxes
- * Rainbow Birthday Party Highlights: Rainbow Jello...
- * Rainbow Birthday Party Highlights: Craftivities
- Rainbow Birthday Party Highlights: Prep, Decor, an...
- * Rainbow Birthday Party Highlights: No Mess Tie-D...
- Painting and Making Homemade Wooden Toys and Anima...
- * Birthday Party Highlights: Fishy Birthday Party
- Birthday Party Highlights: Pirates and Mermaid Par...
- ▼ March (18)
- ► 2009 (161)