Saturday, March 27, 2010
Homemade Gift: Lego Book
We attend a lot of children's birthday parties
for various school friends,
and family friends.
All of those kid parties start to
add up, especially when
you need a gift to bring for each child.
I prefer homemade gifts
I think they're more thoughtful,
heartfelt, appreciated, and creative.
But what do you do when you
are running out of time, ideas,
or you just aren't that crafty?
We came up with the "Lego Book"
as a solution for one of "E"s friends recently.
She noticed that he enjoys
playing with Legos
during indoor recess (so do we!)
We love collecting our Lego building ideas
in a three ring binder that I keep in our block center.
We made this little boy, his own book
out of a three ring binder
with a custom cover
typed on our computer.
We printed out lego construction ideas/instructions
on card stock (to make the pages sturdy)
and slipped them in protective covers.
We got the directions from the Family Fun
and Lego website and packed his
book full of ideas!
Simple and fun.
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- Goodnight Peep Diorama -- Peeps Show IV
- Homemade Gift: Lego Book
- Homemade Gift: Sock Animals
- * Backyard Spring Fun
- Easter Basket with Grass
- Around Our House...
- Kids Art: Fishy Watercolor
- * Homemade Fabric Tree Stump Fairy House
- Dreaming of Spring: Wooden Birds Nest
- * Indoor Cat Fairy Garden
- Glitter Glue Jewelry Boxes
- * Rainbow Birthday Party Highlights: Rainbow Jello...
- * Rainbow Birthday Party Highlights: Craftivities
- Rainbow Birthday Party Highlights: Prep, Decor, an...
- * Rainbow Birthday Party Highlights: No Mess Tie-D...
- Painting and Making Homemade Wooden Toys and Anima...
- * Birthday Party Highlights: Fishy Birthday Party
- Birthday Party Highlights: Pirates and Mermaid Par...
- ▼ March (18)
- ► 2009 (161)