Saturday, March 6, 2010
Painting and Making Homemade Wooden Toys and Animals
With all of the crazy snow last month and no school,
we've spent A LOT of time in the art studio.
The girls and I have been painting (with watercolor and decorating with sharpies)
little wooden friends for our block center.
Bears that "C" insists are Bunnies.
More Cats. Houses. Little Friends.
I got out my wood burning tool to add a few eyes, smiles, and paw prints.
Painting on snow days is best done in PJs after breakfast.
Some of our new wooden friends.
We sealed them with beeswax, rubbed off the excess with a soft cloth
and got to work playing with them with our blocks.
I used Three BEEautiful Bees All Natural Beeswax Wood Polish
from Palumba's Shop.
I ordered my wooden shapes from Casey's Wood Products.
We used the
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- Goodnight Peep Diorama -- Peeps Show IV
- Homemade Gift: Lego Book
- Homemade Gift: Sock Animals
- * Backyard Spring Fun
- Easter Basket with Grass
- Around Our House...
- Kids Art: Fishy Watercolor
- * Homemade Fabric Tree Stump Fairy House
- Dreaming of Spring: Wooden Birds Nest
- * Indoor Cat Fairy Garden
- Glitter Glue Jewelry Boxes
- * Rainbow Birthday Party Highlights: Rainbow Jello...
- * Rainbow Birthday Party Highlights: Craftivities
- Rainbow Birthday Party Highlights: Prep, Decor, an...
- * Rainbow Birthday Party Highlights: No Mess Tie-D...
- Painting and Making Homemade Wooden Toys and Anima...
- * Birthday Party Highlights: Fishy Birthday Party
- Birthday Party Highlights: Pirates and Mermaid Par...
- ▼ March (18)
- ► 2009 (161)