Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Rainbow Birthday Party Highlights: Prep, Decor, and Snacks
This past Saturday,
the Frog Princess' 7th birthday
with friends and family
"Rainbow Art and Science Party"
are you thinking
wait... didn't you JUST HAVE a birthday party?!
Oh yes, my dear friends,
my two daughters have birthdays that are
three weeks apart
so we get to have back-to-back parties.
We made mini rainbow
kite paper stars
that we were going to hang
from the ceiling (but ran out of time!)
so they ended up on the buffet.
A welcome sign
on our easel
by the front door
lets guests know they're at the right house!
Pinwheels from the Dollar Store
to greet our guests...
each guest was asked
to take one home
as they left the party!
The Frog Princess supervised
the frosting color mixing
and cupcake decorating...
I'm a big nerd,
because dirty dishes like these
actually make me happy...
I heart RAINBOWS!
Her yummy Pillsbury Funfetti Cupcakes
NOTE: I wanted to tie-dye white cake batter
so the cakes would be rainbow INSIDE...
but the Frog Princess vetoed it and said
they would "taste too chemically"
so instead she allowed this --
for the record, she took one bite
and said they, "tasted too chemically"
with the food coloring frosting
and wouldn't eat them either!
Speaking of "chemically"
she had no problem
gobbling up three (or four)
of these rainbow twizzlers.
and no, that bowl did not have
any pet snails or fish in it --
I colored Sprite
RED, BLUE, and YELLOW
(with food coloring)
and asked each kid what
their favorite color was...
I could mix and pour their
drink to any color they like
(red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple,
The girls getting the table set
in the morning before
the guests arrived.
and painted with love
watercolor paper rainbows
hanging from our kitchen table light.
A view of the kitchen table
ready for action...
the felt birthday banner
is hanging across the doorway
with our rainbow silk scarf behind it...
Somewhere, over the buffet.
floating over the buffet...
I think our betta fish, "Baby Gippy"
and our two pet frogs
"Frog Lloyd Wright" and "Lilly"
liked the bright colors.
Coming up next...
all of our fun
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- Goodnight Peep Diorama -- Peeps Show IV
- Homemade Gift: Lego Book
- Homemade Gift: Sock Animals
- * Backyard Spring Fun
- Easter Basket with Grass
- Around Our House...
- Kids Art: Fishy Watercolor
- * Homemade Fabric Tree Stump Fairy House
- Dreaming of Spring: Wooden Birds Nest
- * Indoor Cat Fairy Garden
- Glitter Glue Jewelry Boxes
- * Rainbow Birthday Party Highlights: Rainbow Jello...
- * Rainbow Birthday Party Highlights: Craftivities
- Rainbow Birthday Party Highlights: Prep, Decor, an...
- * Rainbow Birthday Party Highlights: No Mess Tie-D...
- Painting and Making Homemade Wooden Toys and Anima...
- * Birthday Party Highlights: Fishy Birthday Party
- Birthday Party Highlights: Pirates and Mermaid Par...
- ▼ March (18)
- ► 2009 (161)