Sunday, April 18, 2010
Preschool At Home: Learning to Recognize Letters and Numbers
The Mini-Saurus "C" (age three)
is fascinated with
Numbers and Letters
She REALLY wants to know
how to spell her name.
She can recognize it when it is
but, she isn't quite there yet
when it comes to writing it herself
(She's still a bit young for that)
I decided to make her a
with scrapbook stickers
and some glass rocks from the dollar store.
I made her two sets:
One with her name
one with the numbers 1-10.
(Please Note: Because I don't disclose
my children's names on my my public blog,
I'm only showing you the
"Numbers" version of this game
but trust me, the name version is super cute!)
I spelled out her name
with stickers on the rocks,
then I traced each "rock" on a file folder
and wrote her name again in stickers.
While we're playing,
I only give her the stones with the
letters from her name,
so she doesn't get overwhelmed.
Later, when she's a bit older,
I'll mix in other letters
and/or add other
family member names.
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- Getting Wormy With It- Family Vermicomposting!
- Spring Garden With Kids
- * Family Field Trip: Hillwood Museum and Gardens
- Displaying Children's Art Work at Home
- Preschool At Home: Learning to Recognize Letters a...
- Preschool At Home: Sorting Animals Two By Two
- * Lincoln Memorial Diorama
- Printmaking for Kids Article on Babble
- Easy Kid Spring Art Craft: Tissue Paper Forsythia
- Home Made Gifts: Eye Glasses Chain
- ▼ April (10)
- ► 2009 (161)