Saturday, May 29, 2010
Kid's Craft: Sea Shell Mobiles
After all of that shell collecting at the beach last week,
we had to come home and make some crafts with our new treasures.
Such a lovely way to remember our beach trip and so much nicer than store-bought knick-knacks.
We sorted our shells and drift wood on some newsprint
then got to work making some mobiles with some of our rainbow yarn.
We hung one up in the backyard, under the trees in the corner the girls call
"Nature School" (it's their secret club)
This one is hanging in "E"s room, over her desk.
Such beautiful colors....
It makes the sweetest twinkling sound in the breeze from "E"s ceiling fan...
As I was tucking her in (and singing our nightly lullaby)
at bedtime tonight, it sounded like the gentle tinkle of fairy songs or mermaids.
Fondly, pink and green mama, MaryLea
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- Fun In the Sand: Crafting on the Beach with the Ma...
- Kid's Craft: Sea Shell Mobiles
- The Importance of Childhood Collections: Sorting S...
- Beach Memories
- Swim Cover-Up Alteration
- Tissue Paper Fun: ReCycled Gift Tissue Flowers
- Ideas for Some Artsy Family Fun In The Sun
- * Art History: Japanese Kimono Scratch Art Cards
- * Make A Kid's Art Apron Smock from a Hand Towel
- Preschool At Home: Washing Baby Dolls
- Goodies in the Mail - Mother's Day Gift from Etsy ...
- * Mother's Day Weekend Highlights
- Art History: Faith Ringgold Paper Quilts
- Homemade Gift: Mother's Day Ideas
- Homemade Gift: Four Seasons Notecards
- Art History: Henri Rousseau Jungle Collage
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2009 (161)