Thursday, July 29, 2010
Bubble Print Mats and Fish Prints
As a "convenient" result of
helping my mom clean out HER art studio
last weekend, I recently acquired
some old pre-cut mat board art mats.
(Now you know one of my real motives for "helping" my mom clean up her messes!)
The mats were a bit of a hod-podge but nothing we couldn't fix
with a bit of acrylic craft paint.
I passed them out among my students in art camp this week.
(first I asked them to print their names on the backside of the mats
so we could tell them apart later....)
Then, I passed out plates of blue and green acrylic craft paint
small paint brushes and two sizes (big and little) of bubble wrap scraps.
The kids had a great (messy!) time
painting the bubble wrap
and printing their mats with it.
The final results were a bit of a faux-finish/marbled/bubble finish.
There may have been a "bit" of bubble popping as well. : )
Then, we laid them out in the grass
to dry in the front yard
While our mats were drying, we got to work printing up some fish
(Gyotaku-style) on Japanese printmaking paper.
The final projects were beautiful! and I hope... their parents found them
to be "frame-worthy."
I'm sure they foundpaint everywhere at bath time!
pink and green mama
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- Bubble Print Mats and Fish Prints
- * Homemade Japanese Fish Kite Fun!
- Pink and Green Mama Crafts: Ocean Fun Art Camp Les...
- Nature and Art: Leaf Pictures
- * Winner of Rae Grant Book "Homemade Fun" Giveaway...
- DIY Paint Chip Game - FREE Game to Entertain Kids ...
- Custom Kid Art Window Shade
- Butterfly Mobile With Watercolor Paper
- * Homemade Gifts: Marshmallow Shooters
- Easy Kool-Aid Play Dough Recipe
- Fourth of July Fun: Sifted Flour Lawn Stars
- ▼ July (11)
- ► 2009 (161)