Monday, July 19, 2010
Nature and Art: Leaf Pictures
"C"s Fox/Cat in the Snowy Woods
Our family recently vacationed in Texas to visit grandparents.
While we spent 9 days enjoying sunny afternoons, local sights,
and their lovely warm pool, we also did some crafting!
We found this kit at the local Hobby Lobby
(my first time visiting one!)
It's a Roylco Art At Home kit
that comes with the nature scene backgrounds,
page upon page of perforated two-sided leaf photos, and a glue stick.
The intention is to create "nature" pictures with fake leaves. : )
from our backyard and walks around the neighborhood.
But, this kit is a nice, mess-free, alternative if you find yourselves
on an airplane or traveling to see family where you don't have the assortment
of leaves that we do.
It was quiet, kept both girls engaged for a solid 45 minutes
and was suitable for both of my girls,
ages 3 and 7 years.
We really enjoyed the "nature scene" backgrounds.
I think this would be fun to do at home with photos torn out of magazines and real leaves
Think: National Geographic, Vacation magazines, Gardening Catalogs, etc.
"E"s fish and starfish
"E"s Luna Moth
"E"s Snail (of course)
"C"s Dolphin on the Beach
"C"s Duck in the Woods by a Waterfall
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- Bubble Print Mats and Fish Prints
- * Homemade Japanese Fish Kite Fun!
- Pink and Green Mama Crafts: Ocean Fun Art Camp Les...
- Nature and Art: Leaf Pictures
- * Winner of Rae Grant Book "Homemade Fun" Giveaway...
- DIY Paint Chip Game - FREE Game to Entertain Kids ...
- Custom Kid Art Window Shade
- Butterfly Mobile With Watercolor Paper
- * Homemade Gifts: Marshmallow Shooters
- Easy Kool-Aid Play Dough Recipe
- Fourth of July Fun: Sifted Flour Lawn Stars
- ▼ July (11)
- ► 2009 (161)