Friday, August 13, 2010
* Summer Boredom Buster: Make Your Own Joke Book!
A perfect boredom buster for summer break...
let your kids be authors and illustrators of their own Joke Book.
"E" (age 7) made this one for her Grammy Bev's birthday.
Grammy Bev has an extensive Penguin collection so... we made her a Penguin joke book.
A few jokes were found online; "E" wrote the rest of them.
(I love her jokes and her drawings so I had to share)
After writing down the jokes, we carefully typed them
on the computer and printed them on card stock.
Then, we trimmed the card stock into small pages (3"x5")
and "E" carefully illustrated each joke with pen and colored in with colored pencils.
We bound the whole thing with rainbow yarn.
Little Sister, "C" (age 3) made a page too!
It was a big hit (and a favorite birthday gift!)
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- * Mom Would Never Let Me Do This At Home Camp: Gia...
- * Mom Would Never Let Me Do This At Home Camp: Pai...
- * Happy Anniversary Diorama
- * Barbie School In A Box - Using Role Play To Reli...
- * Our Somewhere Over The Rainbow Land Of OZ Playsc...
- * Mom Would Never Let Me Do This At Home Camp: Fee...
- Re-Cycled Collaborative Art: Back To School Collag...
- * Pink and Green Mama Crafts: Rainbow Fun Art Camp...
- * Summer Boredom Buster: Make Your Own Joke Book!
- * Grilled Bananas!
- Back To School Teacher Interview
- * Making A Book From Your Blog
- Pink and Green Mama Crafts: Backyard Fun Art Camp ...
- * Cozy Coupe Makeover and Fan Mail
- ▼ August (14)
- ► 2009 (161)