Thursday, September 9, 2010
* Marbling Paper With Shaving Cream and Liquid Watercolor
I used to love doing this project with my art students
when I was an elementary art teacher.
We would marbleize paper as
part of our 4th grade unit on
Colonial life America.
Of course, they didn't
with shaving cream back then
but this is a fun and easy way to do it
with kids of all ages!
First, I divided all of my students
into teams of two.
(these photos were taken during
Mom Would Never Let Me Camp)
Each team of kids got one aluminum tray
to fill with Dollar Store Shaving Cream
(about an inch thick)
Spread it out with a
scrap of cardboard
so it's smooth --
like frosting a cake!
(or food coloring) on top
Swizzle through the shaving cream
with bamboo skewers
or a stick to swirl the paint
and create a marbling effect.
Press down a
sheet of paper lightly on top
(we used Cardstock)
then, wipe off the excess shaving cream
with another scrap of cardboard
(like a squeegee)
Start over and...
pink and green mama
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- * Preschool At Home: Toddler Cleaning Set
- * Homemade Outdoor Play Kitchen From An Up-cycled ...
- * EASY Kid Craft: Pipe Cleaner Flower Fairies
- Pink and Green Mama Crafts: Halloween Fun eBook
- * One of Our New Favorite Toys! Contina Bamboo Blo...
- * Preschool At Home: Pumpkin Play Dough
- Preschool At Home: Apple Themed Play Dough Recipe ...
- * Found Object Printmaking With Kids
- * Marbling Paper With Shaving Cream and Liquid Wat...
- * Jackson Pollock- Inspired Splatter Painting Outd...
- * Pink and Green Mama Crafts: Exploring Great Arti...
- ▼ September (11)
- ► 2009 (161)