Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Preschool At Home: Apple Themed Play Dough Recipe and Activity
With big sister back at school last week, little sister and I have had more
time to jump back into our Preschool at Home activities.
Our most recent was inspired by My Montessori Journey's
I liked the idea so much I even shared the recipe with "C"s preschool teacher
for their apple unit next month.
I improvised my own recipe
by adapting our usual Kool-Aid play-doh recipe
and adding some Nutmeg, Allspice, and Cinnamon to the mix.
We worked on a tray to prevent any staining or mess on the table/floor.
"C" enjoyed learning how to pinch off small amounts of play-doh and
roll them into little crab-apple-sized balls.
Then she pushed a small stick/twig in the top as a stem and added a silk flower leaf.
Super cute and fun.
Kept her entertained for a good 40 minutes.
Mama had fun too and it smells so yummy!
No Cook Kool-Aid Play Doh Recipe:
1 Packet Sugar-Free Red Kool-Aid Mix
1 Cup of Flour
1/2 Cup of Salt
(for the apples we added a dash of
Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Allspice)
3 Teaspoons of Vegetable Oil
1 Cup Boiling Water
Mix dry ingredients;
then stir in oil and boiling water,
keep stirring for a minute or two --
once it cools down a bit pull it out of the bowl
and knead into a ball. Store in an air tight container.
pink and green mama MaryLea
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- * Preschool At Home: Toddler Cleaning Set
- * Homemade Outdoor Play Kitchen From An Up-cycled ...
- * EASY Kid Craft: Pipe Cleaner Flower Fairies
- Pink and Green Mama Crafts: Halloween Fun eBook
- * One of Our New Favorite Toys! Contina Bamboo Blo...
- * Preschool At Home: Pumpkin Play Dough
- Preschool At Home: Apple Themed Play Dough Recipe ...
- * Found Object Printmaking With Kids
- * Marbling Paper With Shaving Cream and Liquid Wat...
- * Jackson Pollock- Inspired Splatter Painting Outd...
- * Pink and Green Mama Crafts: Exploring Great Arti...
- ▼ September (11)
- ► 2009 (161)