Monday, October 4, 2010

Preschool At Home: Fall Sensory Box


The girls have been enjoying  our two newest sensory boxes.
I made them a Fall Sensory Box (seen here) and a Halloween Sensory Box (more on that later). 


We used dried Green Lentils... so fun to run through your fingers and pour back and forth!

Some little gourds and pumpkins from the Dollar Tree.
Silk fall leaves from my craft stash. Real acorns from the yard.
Little glass acorns I found at Michaels. 


Then, we made some Fairy Friends to play with us too! 
I'm hoping to make some gnomes soon. 

fondly,
pink and green mama

7 comments:

Montessori For Learning said...

This is such a beautiful sensory box! It is so peaceful and engaging.

Kyle Sadler
http://www.montessoriforlearning.blogspot.com

Sippy Cup Central Mom said...

We just made our October sensory box today too, that fun! Karen
Sippy Cup Central Mom

Nita said...

We really enjoyed your autumn sensory box. We tried it ourselves. The silk leaves were stinky so we added a handful of clover to the box. My daughter thought that was extra special having "sticks" in her box. We also added autumn words to our box because she's into "reading" lately. We'll be doing a Halloween one a week after next. She's very excited. Thanks for the great idea.

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Nita--

What a fun idea adding the cloves!! I think I'll sprinkle a bit of cinnamon and cloves in ours (and maybe a couple of cinnamon sticks!)

Our dried peas a bit stinky too!! : )

Thanks for the tip!!

Fondly,
pink and green mama,
MaryLea

Lilyshaw said...

A lovely idea, perfect for our autumn weather!

Jackie H. said...

I love the variety in size and texture that this sensory box provides!

Centers and Circle Time said...

Just told my friends on FB you're one of my favorite pages...keep up the awesome work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...