Monday, November 8, 2010
* Displaying Children's Art Work - Corkboard Gallery At Home
about the family art gallery she made in her hallway
with picture frames and cork-board to create a rotating art gallery.
It's beautiful... BUT, It was not as simple as it seemed.
I already had the stash of black frames in my art studio
so I just had to go on the hunt for a roll of cork-board cork (I found mine at Michaels Craft Store)
What she did not say in her post, or maybe she used thicker cork ,
was what a Pain-In-THE-Tush the cork is to work with!! Arrrgh!!
The cork was so thin that it ripped if I looked at it the wrong way.
It wasn't thick enough to stick push pins in so I had to replace/add a piece of
foam core to the back of every frame to make it thick enough to stick a push-pin into it.
I also had to use spray adhesive
to stick all of the cork down since it ripples (she used Mod-Podge).
The finished gallery turned out great but it was a bit more work than I thought it would be...
and, for the record, 3M Adhesive hooks don't work, at least not on our walls.
We had three pictures fall/clatter down onto the hardwood floor in the middle of the night -
scared me to death.
Our finished art gallery next to the kitchen table!
A perfect place to display all of our doodles, preschool projects, and artistic masterpieces.
"E"s beautiful still life painting--
Just had to show it off too!
pink and green mama,
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- * Preschool At Home: Newspaper Delivery Toss Game
- * Countdown to Christmas: Homemade Family Advent C...
- * Nature's (Free!) Art Supplies
- * Thanksgiving Traditions: Turkey Bowl, Handprint ...
- * Giveaway: Creativity For Kids Kits
- * Giveaway: Ecosystem Notebooks
- * Preschool At Home: Clothespin Turkey Fine Motor ...
- * Indian Corn Bubble Wrap Printmaking
- * Preschool At Home: Fine Motor Practice Felt Butt...
- * Pink and Green Mama Crafts: Homemade Gifts Kids ...
- * Mod-Podge and Glass Dried Leaf Lanterns
- * 35 Times Around The Sun - Grown-Ups Rainbow Craf...
- Veteran's Day: A Special Thank You...
- * Leaf Rubbing Fall Votive Candles
- * Preschool At Home: Leaf Stringing Table Game
- * Displaying Children's Art Work - Corkboard Galle...
- * What I've Been Up To -- Costumes, Silent Auction...
- * Bye Bye to Binkies! Hello Build-A-Bear...
- ▼ November (18)
- ► 2009 (161)