Monday, November 15, 2010
* Mod-Podge and Glass Dried Leaf Lanterns
'Tis the Season for Pressed Leaf Lanterns!
I've seen these lanterns all over the bloggy-sphere lately!
I thought I would share more photos
and details of our leaf lantern making project
from my 35th Birthday Crafty Brunch Rainbow Party.
We collected leaves ahead of time and pressed them/dried them in phone books
for several days.
The thinner, skinnier leaves seemed to work the best
on the glass vases.
I picked up the glass vases at Walmart in the craft department but you can also
find them at the Dollar Tree or rummage in your own cabinets for old
I love this craft because children AND adults can do it!
(Warning: If you're wearing your wedding rings while crafting be careful not to get
any Mod-Podge in the stones!)
Coat the OUTside of the glass
container with a generous layer of Mod-Podge
then carefully press dried leaves/flowers into the goo...
Carefully paint another layer (or 2 or 3) on top of the leaf/flower to
seal it to the outside of the vase.
"E" made this vase for her desk with dried flowers we saved from the spring/summer.
Warm candlelight glowing on a chilly fall evening --
* a perfect combination.
pink and green mama
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- * Preschool At Home: Newspaper Delivery Toss Game
- * Countdown to Christmas: Homemade Family Advent C...
- * Nature's (Free!) Art Supplies
- * Thanksgiving Traditions: Turkey Bowl, Handprint ...
- * Giveaway: Creativity For Kids Kits
- * Giveaway: Ecosystem Notebooks
- * Preschool At Home: Clothespin Turkey Fine Motor ...
- * Indian Corn Bubble Wrap Printmaking
- * Preschool At Home: Fine Motor Practice Felt Butt...
- * Pink and Green Mama Crafts: Homemade Gifts Kids ...
- * Mod-Podge and Glass Dried Leaf Lanterns
- * 35 Times Around The Sun - Grown-Ups Rainbow Craf...
- Veteran's Day: A Special Thank You...
- * Leaf Rubbing Fall Votive Candles
- * Preschool At Home: Leaf Stringing Table Game
- * Displaying Children's Art Work - Corkboard Galle...
- * What I've Been Up To -- Costumes, Silent Auction...
- * Bye Bye to Binkies! Hello Build-A-Bear...
- ▼ November (18)
- ► 2009 (161)