Loading...

Saturday, November 20, 2010

* Preschool At Home: Clothespin Turkey Fine Motor Practice


Remember our button practice turkey? He needed a friend.
I saw a clever activity like this on a preschool blog (Montessori Beginnings) with a
 paper plate turkey and feather clothespins. 

I loved the feathered clothespin idea so of course, I had to whip out my glue gun
the other night and make some of our own. 
This happened while I was cooking dinner -- we seem to do a lot of last minute crafts this way! 


I also drew a turkey for "C" on a piece of stiff brown felt
with Sharpie markers


Great fine motor, pinching, practice for my favorite 3-year-old!
You can see my favorite 7-year-old in the background sitting at the piano
(she was playing "Over The River and Through The Woods" for us!)


Warning: Blurry Turkey Action Shot!
 We made two turkeys; one to keep at home and one for my daughter's preschool class.



Gobble! Gobble!

Fondly,
pink and green mama


5 comments:

Sofia's Ideas said...

Ooooh! I love this idea! It makes a simple color game so much more fun! And I love that we can reuse stuff from around the house to make this.

Elle Belles Bows said...

What a perfect activity! Love it! Thanks for sharing! Kerri

grace@home said...

This is such a great idea! It will be a wonderful gift for the grandparents and will give S1 a chance to practice reaching one of his OT goals. Thank you for posting!

Teacher Tom said...

Oh, I'm going to make some of these! We've been practicing with clothes pins last week -- this is perfect timing. Thanks.

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Thanks Tom!

Even if you don't want to make turkeys (or let the kids make their own with cardboard/stiff felt/ or paper plates) the feather clothespins are really fun!

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...