Tuesday, November 23, 2010
* Thanksgiving Traditions: Turkey Bowl, Handprint Tablecloth, and Family Fun.
Today, I thought I would share a few of our favorite
Thanksgiving Day Traditions.
One of our favorite activities is our annual Turkey Bowl,
a flag football played on the street in front of our house.
It's a multi-generational event.
My husband's family always hosted one on the street they grew up on...
we've continued the tradition with our own daughters.
Friends, Family, and Neighbors gather for the big game!
I mark the end zones (and the 50 yard line) with white flour.
Fresh cider, doughnuts, and hot coffee are served on our front yard.
After hot showers/baths, we head over to Grandma and Grandpa's house
for the yummiest dinner ever (cooked by my dad the chef)
He's a jack of all trades -- he MADE that cute, little,
glowing pumpkin village on their sideboard.
Then, we all take turns signing the cotton table cloth at my mom's house.
(we use sharpies and put a magazine underneath so we don't ruin the table!)
It has notes and drawings from each person present at Thanksgiving Dinner every year.
First hand prints, Hand Turkeys, Poems, Gratitude Lists...They're all on there.
Signing the table cloth, Thanksgiving 2009.
Big sister, "E" adding an elaborate drawing!
Tracing my niece's hand for her very FIRST Turkey Day last year.
That table cloth has first thanksgiving hand prints from all three little cousins, "E", "C", and "A"
That tablecloth is priceless.
What are your favorite Thanksgiving traditions?
pink and green mama
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- * Preschool At Home: Newspaper Delivery Toss Game
- * Countdown to Christmas: Homemade Family Advent C...
- * Nature's (Free!) Art Supplies
- * Thanksgiving Traditions: Turkey Bowl, Handprint ...
- * Giveaway: Creativity For Kids Kits
- * Giveaway: Ecosystem Notebooks
- * Preschool At Home: Clothespin Turkey Fine Motor ...
- * Indian Corn Bubble Wrap Printmaking
- * Preschool At Home: Fine Motor Practice Felt Butt...
- * Pink and Green Mama Crafts: Homemade Gifts Kids ...
- * Mod-Podge and Glass Dried Leaf Lanterns
- * 35 Times Around The Sun - Grown-Ups Rainbow Craf...
- Veteran's Day: A Special Thank You...
- * Leaf Rubbing Fall Votive Candles
- * Preschool At Home: Leaf Stringing Table Game
- * Displaying Children's Art Work - Corkboard Galle...
- * What I've Been Up To -- Costumes, Silent Auction...
- * Bye Bye to Binkies! Hello Build-A-Bear...
- ▼ November (18)
- ► 2009 (161)