Friday, November 5, 2010
* What I've Been Up To -- Costumes, Silent Auction Projects, and Homemade Christmas.
If you've noticed a lack of craft projects on my blog lately,
it's because I've been up to my eyeballs in painted furniture and other sundry sewing projects.
Allow me to backtrack and explain...
My youngest daughter's preschool holds an annual silent auction to raise money for
preschool enrichment and need-based scholarships.
Guess who got roped into
making the "class projects"
to donate to the auction this year?
I really should just learn how to not open email or answer the phone
when the school calls (but what if it's an emergency?)
and in my defense, they bamboozled me by getting me
on this "committee" of one back in June!
My art studio has looked more like a furniture painting studio the past few weeks.
I've been in the preschool classrooms
collecting little finger prints
for the past two weeks
and converted them into
little Frogs in Space,
Deep Sea Creatures, etc.
Throw in some Halloween Costume Making 4 of them...
Yes, I only have 2 children but the little one ("C") wanted 2 different costumes
1 warm one for Trick-Or-Treating
and a fluffy one for the school costume parade.
"E" didn't like the first costume I made -- it was "too generic"
(mind you, it was the one SHE designed -- ahem)
so I had to re-make hers with her re-design adjustments.
Throw in some late-night felt food-making for my niece
(She's getting her first play kitchen this Christmas --
Aunt MaryLea HAS to hook her up with cute little felt goodies!)
Thank goodness things are starting to calm down around here
so I can spend my time celebrating my birthday,
preparing for Thanksgiving family visits, making more Christmas gifts.
Maybe we'll fit some crafts in November too!
pink and green mama
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- ► 2011 (152)
- * Preschool At Home: Newspaper Delivery Toss Game
- * Countdown to Christmas: Homemade Family Advent C...
- * Nature's (Free!) Art Supplies
- * Thanksgiving Traditions: Turkey Bowl, Handprint ...
- * Giveaway: Creativity For Kids Kits
- * Giveaway: Ecosystem Notebooks
- * Preschool At Home: Clothespin Turkey Fine Motor ...
- * Indian Corn Bubble Wrap Printmaking
- * Preschool At Home: Fine Motor Practice Felt Butt...
- * Pink and Green Mama Crafts: Homemade Gifts Kids ...
- * Mod-Podge and Glass Dried Leaf Lanterns
- * 35 Times Around The Sun - Grown-Ups Rainbow Craf...
- Veteran's Day: A Special Thank You...
- * Leaf Rubbing Fall Votive Candles
- * Preschool At Home: Leaf Stringing Table Game
- * Displaying Children's Art Work - Corkboard Galle...
- * What I've Been Up To -- Costumes, Silent Auction...
- * Bye Bye to Binkies! Hello Build-A-Bear...
- ▼ November (18)
- ► 2009 (161)