Friday, January 7, 2011
* Getting Organized: Storing Barbie Doll Clothing
Our Barbie Dolls have a lot of clothes.
Having all of our doll clothes jumbled up in a messy
basket was chaotic and stressful. Sure, cleaning up was easy
but it always messed up our playtime to have to stop
and hunt for the perfect outfit for whatever plot line was taking place in Barbie Land.
One never knows when one will need a lab coat, wedding dress, scuba suit, or ball gown!
So, this mama, brought back her
original doll clothes storage system
(from my own childhood -
invented in the mid-80s when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade)
Get ready for it...
The Barbie Clothes Binder!
(Note: This was the inspiration behind our big Doll Clothing organization system!)
The clothes are stored in Gallon Ziplock bags
(but I bet you could use those plastic page protectors too!)
Then, I just inserted white copy paper
in each bag so outfits can be displayed on both sides.
I used a hole punch to punch holes in each bag
and put them in big old re-cycled binders from my dad's old office.
All of these photos are of my original Barbie Clothes binder.
My grandmother made most of the clothes in it and my girls LOVE them.
Barbie just loves her Closet-in-a-Binder system, she can't stop smiling!
If only we could store our Legos and Littlest Pet Shop Critters in a binder too!
pink and green mama, MaryLea
Next up... Don't toss those old Calendars yet --
I've got some fun
New Year Calendar ReCycle Crafts
coming up for you!
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- * Pink and Green Mama Crafts: Winter Fun eBook
- * Valentine's Day Craft: Felt Heart Barrettes
- * Snow Day Craft: Pom-Pom Milk Shakes!
- * Valentine's Day Craft: Recycled Valentine's Day ...
- * Valentine Button Heart Sign Craft
- * Preschool At Home: Ground Coffee Sensory Box
- * Winter Rice Sensory Box
- * Shrinky Dink Fun: Homemade Stuffed Animal Name T...
- * Homemade Recycled Calendar Mod-Podge Puzzles
- * Getting Organized: Storing Barbie Doll Clothing
- * Getting Organized: Doll Clothes
- * Homemade Gift: Grandpa Book!
- ▼ January (12)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)