Wednesday, March 2, 2011
* Kid's Craft: Bird Mask
Spring is just around the corner...
What better way to welcome
all of your busy
feathered backyard friends
than with your own bird mask?
The birdies in our backyard
are very busy,
according to my daughters right now.
We decided to make a bird mask.
We traced an existing play mask onto poster board.
You could also use card stock
or some dress-up sunglasses.
Make sure you cut out eye holes that
are big enough to see out of!
(this is a job for a grown-up)
Add a bit of elastic thread
(we raided our jewelry making- beading bin)
Then, let your inner artist shine.
I helped "E" fold a paper beak
then she added
and jewel stickers to give it some "bling"
How cute would these be in felt?!
The scarf costume was all her doing.
There was a lot of (scarf) wing flapping,
and if you're in the neighborhood,
you'll hear some bird calls coming from our backyard!
Happy Spring Crafting!
pink and green mama
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- * ReCycle Craft: Cardboard Box Puppet Theatre
- * Pink and Green Mama Art Studio Tour with Craftah...
- * Guest Post: Art Studio Tour for Craftaholics Ano...
- * Barbie Art Gallery With Shapescapes
- * DIY Spring Peg Dolls
- * Sensory Box: Zoo Box
- * Cardboard Rapunzel Castle: Homemade "Tangled" To...
- * Rainbow Ideas and Colorful Inspiration for St. P...
- * Peg Doll Leprechauns & St. Patrick's Day Sensory...
- * St. Patrick's Day Printmaking Project With Toile...
- * Spring Break Boredom Busters! My Insanity Blog G...
- * Mod-Podge Step Stool Makeover!
- * Birthday Party Highlights: 8th Birthday Pajama A...
- * Sick Day Tradition: Special Toys
- * Kid's Craft: Bird Mask
- ▼ March (15)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)