Friday, March 11, 2011
* Peg Doll Leprechauns & St. Patrick's Day Sensory Box
I decided the girls needed a
St. Patrick's Day Sensory Box this week.
And yes... I have been on a bit of a peg doll kick lately
(more on them soon, I promise!) so of course I wanted to make some
mini peg-doll Leprechauns for the box!
I've been playing in it too!
We re-cycled our dry green Split Peas (from our Fall Sensory Box) as the green ground.
Then, added some Dollar Tree faux mossy rocks (from our Fairy Land basket),
some glass green "gems" from our gems and jewels stash,
and some glittery shamrocks and foam shamrock stickers
(left over from a St. Patrick's Day craft my mom taught
at a retirement center years ago - thanks mom!)
The little wooden rainbow over there on the left
is leftover from our homemade wooden toy making adventure
last winter. I like the way the girls lined up the gold coins
to make a path/walk way through the land.
The mini cauldrons were picked up on Halloween clearance
last year in anticipation of this year's Harry Potter birthday party
(that was replaced by the Pajama party instead!)
You'll recognize the golden rocks recycled from
"C"s Third birthday party (Pirates and Mermaids Party)
The gold jewelry box is extra fancy according to "C"
pink and green mama, MaryLea
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- * ReCycle Craft: Cardboard Box Puppet Theatre
- * Pink and Green Mama Art Studio Tour with Craftah...
- * Guest Post: Art Studio Tour for Craftaholics Ano...
- * Barbie Art Gallery With Shapescapes
- * DIY Spring Peg Dolls
- * Sensory Box: Zoo Box
- * Cardboard Rapunzel Castle: Homemade "Tangled" To...
- * Rainbow Ideas and Colorful Inspiration for St. P...
- * Peg Doll Leprechauns & St. Patrick's Day Sensory...
- * St. Patrick's Day Printmaking Project With Toile...
- * Spring Break Boredom Busters! My Insanity Blog G...
- * Mod-Podge Step Stool Makeover!
- * Birthday Party Highlights: 8th Birthday Pajama A...
- * Sick Day Tradition: Special Toys
- * Kid's Craft: Bird Mask
- ▼ March (15)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)