Thursday, March 10, 2011
* St. Patrick's Day Printmaking Project With Toilet Paper Tubes
Printmaking with empty cardboard toilet paper tubes? You betcha!
This is one of those project ideas that popped into my head in the shower.
I do my best thinking there, unloading the dishwasher, and while driving -- go figure.
I noticed an empty cardboard toilet paper tube can be squeezed into a heart shape.
Then, I thought you could dip it in paint and make it into a stamp.
Like printmaking with cookie cutters but with a longer handle
to keep little fingers out of the paint.
Put a group of three or four hearts together and add a stem,
you've got a friendly little clover print!
These would make cute note cards!
"C" painting stems, bushes, and grass for her second shamrock picture.
Happy Green Printmaking!
pink and green mama, MaryLea
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- * ReCycle Craft: Cardboard Box Puppet Theatre
- * Pink and Green Mama Art Studio Tour with Craftah...
- * Guest Post: Art Studio Tour for Craftaholics Ano...
- * Barbie Art Gallery With Shapescapes
- * DIY Spring Peg Dolls
- * Sensory Box: Zoo Box
- * Cardboard Rapunzel Castle: Homemade "Tangled" To...
- * Rainbow Ideas and Colorful Inspiration for St. P...
- * Peg Doll Leprechauns & St. Patrick's Day Sensory...
- * St. Patrick's Day Printmaking Project With Toile...
- * Spring Break Boredom Busters! My Insanity Blog G...
- * Mod-Podge Step Stool Makeover!
- * Birthday Party Highlights: 8th Birthday Pajama A...
- * Sick Day Tradition: Special Toys
- * Kid's Craft: Bird Mask
- ▼ March (15)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)