Thursday, April 7, 2011
* Preschool At Home: Spring Sensory Box
Is it Spring yet where you live?
We keep getting little glimpses with a few nice weather days
here and there but then we get yucky gray,
cold, wet stuff and I find myself looking out the window
and daydreaming about where I can plant stuff
when the ground warms up.
We've got garden seedlings growing
on the sunny playroom windowsill.
But we needed a little more Spring inspiration...
"C" announced that it was time to make a
Spring/Easter sensory box last week
and I agreed so we raided our garage sensory box stash
and got to work.
We used shredded paper for the bottom of the box.
"C" wanted lots of eggs and little critters to hide inside
so we stocked the box with a variety of
easter eggs as well as some little fuzzy bunnies, chicks, lambs, birds
and even some wool felted peeps!
We also used one of my halloween village trees
(perfect for nests and little birds)
A bird house, mini watering can,
scoops, and two buckets.
The little click apart eggs have been
excellent fine motor practice as we've played games
hiding little critters and chicks inside them!
Pink and Green Mama, MaryLea
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- * Royal Wedding Kleenex and Napkin Wedding Dress D...
- * Experimenting With Texture: Homemade Paint Brush...
- * Mommy and Me Pink and Green Mama Rainbow T-Shirt...
- * Homemade Easter Cards with Wordle
- * Easy Way To Dye Easter Eggs With Kids That Is Mo...
- * Kid's Spring Craft: Decoupage Easter Eggs With P...
- * Spring Nature Craft: Pine Cone Eggs
- * My 2011 Peep Diorama: "Vincent Van Peep's Starry...
- * Spring Nature Craft: Tiny Acorn Cap Bird Nests!
- * Preschool At Home: Spring Sensory Box
- * Wordle Fun!
- ▼ April (11)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)