Tuesday, April 12, 2011
* Spring Nature Craft: Tiny Acorn Cap Bird Nests!
This little gem of a craft was too cute and too easy to pass by.
I first saw it here at Our Day Our Journey Blog
then I saw it on another preschool blog (can't find the link -- I'm sorry!)
and knew I had to do this one with the girls.
A few days ago, one quiet afternoon while big sister was still at school,
"C" and I started making these tiny little bird nests.
We have a huge basket full of acorn caps in our art studio.
The girls and I are part squirrel -- we can't help ourselves and collect them every fall!
(Here's a quarter so you can see how small they are!)
You never know when you'll need an acorn cap for a
nature project, wooden peg fairy hat, or tiny bird nest craft!
We collected a few small pebbles from our backyard and painted them robin's egg blue
with some washable acrylic craft paint.
Then, we put a blob of clear Elmer's glue
inside an acorn cap, added a small sprinkling
of dried moss, then another blob of clear glue
and the painted stones (tiny eggs!)
So sweet for a nature table, easter egg tree, or tiny fairy land.
If you are wondering if this craft would be too tricky
for your own kiddos, I assure you it's super easy!
I got a phone call as soon as we glued the first nest together,
while I was talking to my friend,
"C" hopped out of her chair,
grabbed a handful of acorn caps from the basket,
and got to work painting stones,
and gluing the nests together on her own!
(That's my little independent crafty 4 year old.)
She decided each nest should only have one egg
that's why we have so many made that way
("C" made all of those by herself!)
I made the three egg nests with her.
These would be an adorable Earth Day Spring Craft!
Happy Nature Crafting.
pink and green mama
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- * Royal Wedding Kleenex and Napkin Wedding Dress D...
- * Experimenting With Texture: Homemade Paint Brush...
- * Mommy and Me Pink and Green Mama Rainbow T-Shirt...
- * Homemade Easter Cards with Wordle
- * Easy Way To Dye Easter Eggs With Kids That Is Mo...
- * Kid's Spring Craft: Decoupage Easter Eggs With P...
- * Spring Nature Craft: Pine Cone Eggs
- * My 2011 Peep Diorama: "Vincent Van Peep's Starry...
- * Spring Nature Craft: Tiny Acorn Cap Bird Nests!
- * Preschool At Home: Spring Sensory Box
- * Wordle Fun!
- ▼ April (11)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)