Monday, May 30, 2011
* Easy Kid Craft: Homemade Magnets
"E" needed some magnets to go with her
fancy fashion design magnetic display boards
in her room so we decided to make some!
Tutorials for this project can be found
EVERYwhere on the web!
First she looked through our scrapbook paper stash and picked out some favorite designs.
Then, she traced flat glass beads from the Dollar Tree store with a pencil on each paper she liked.
Carefully cut out the shape with scissors.
We used Mod-Podge to stick each piece of paper to the back of each glass "stone"
(glue the paper to the flat backside)
Let it dry overnight.
It will start out white and cloudy then, dry clear.
We used a blob (super stinky!) E600 glue
to stick a magnet to the back of each
glass stone and magnet.
She made some plain "blue" magnets with these blue glass stones
and below you'll see some more of her finished magnets.
Perfectly easy, kid-friendly craft.
Useful too, she loves using them to hold up
her art work in her room!
pink and green mama, MaryLea
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- * Easy Kid Craft: Homemade Magnets
- * Magnetic Board Child's Room Display and DIY Fash...
- * Toilet Paper Tube Craft: Target Practice!
- * Children's Backyard Fairy Garden
- * Interview and "Puppet Play" Book Giveaway!
- * Puppet Fun Preview!
- * Backyard Makeover: Kid Friendly Play Spaces
- * Pink and Green Mama Crafts: Mom Would Never Let ...
- * Cereal Box Weaving: Homemade Looms!
- * Tinkerlab Cardboard Box Challenge: Paste Paper C...
- * Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas Kids Can Make R...
- * Teacher Appreciation Gift: Fairy Garden Bowls
- ▼ May (12)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)