Thursday, June 2, 2011
* Preschool At Home: ABC Practice and Alphabet Letter Crayon Rubbings with Melissa and Doug Puzzle
"C" (age 4) is very into writing words and letters.
She is starting to recognize small 3-4 letter sight words.
"CAT", "MOM", "DAD" and "BED" are her favorite
words to write right now (other than family names!)
Telling the difference between
capital and lowercase letters
can be a bit confusing.
So mommy (the school teacher) thought we should play with our
Melissa and Doug See and Spell wooden letter set,
(all of the letters are lowercase).
First we lined up all of the letters to make an
Then, we sang the ABC song
(a million and two times)
while pointing out each letter.
That "LMNOP" sure is tricky!
Then, we used the wooden word "cards" to build words
(like word world).
Mommy thought it would be fun to make
word-rubbings with our soy Crayon Rocks.
"C" loved it!
We made a bunch of the words.
As well as our own names (not shown for privacy)
and... a colorful Alphabet chart.
Happy COLORFUL Learning!
pink and green mama
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- * Kid's Science - Exploring Hand Bones Glove Proje...
- * "All About Me" Personalized Eye Spy Rice Bottle
- * Homemade Light Table Transparencies: Human Body ...
- * Life-Sized Body Map Kid's Art Project
- * Pink and Green Mama Crafts: Exploring MORE Great...
- * Celebrating Eric Carle's Birthday With A Homemad...
- * Homemade Personalized Ballet Shoe Bag
- * Smart Summer Challenge: Make Summer Learning Fun...
- * Homemade Gift: Eye Spy Book
- * Summer Fun To Do List!
- * Weekend Summary a.k.a Staying Home All Weekend
- * Preschool At Home: ABC Practice and Alphabet Let...
- ▼ June (12)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)