Thursday, July 28, 2011
* Homemade Water Table - Keeping Kids Happy With Water
For Today's Smart Summer Challenge Week 5: Water Fun Week Post
What is it with kids and water?
My girls love to make a splash!!
Whenever they're fussy (no matter what season),
I say, "time for some water!"
It can be in the form of a sprinkler, the wading pool,
a slip-n-slide in the backyard,
the kitchen sink full of soapy water,
sand and water table on the deck,
a hot bath, or a shower with mom...
On cold winter days,
I've even set up an under-bed storage box full of water
(and a mini wading pool once!) inside the house
as a temporary water table.
My kids saw the fancy new water tables
at the toy store and you can imagine their reaction...
I thought to myself, hey I can make that!
So here you have it,
our home-made water table.
Four plastic milk crates + our mini wading pool =
tons of fun for two little girls
and one happy mama.
Happy Water Fun Week!
This post is part of the Smart Summer Challenge.
Check out our other hostesses,
Candace over at Naturally Educational
and Amy at TeachMama.com
Visit our blogs throughout the week for lots of fun ideas
to explore Water Fun Week with your own kids.
Please come back and join us on Friday, July 29th
for our weekly Smart Summer Linky party,
share YOUR own Smart Summer Challenge ideas and posts
with other parents and teachers.
You'll be entered for a chance to win a Fun Prize Pack from Guidecraft!
Pink and Green Mama, MaryLea
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- * Smart Summer Challenge Week 5: Water Fun Week Li...
- * Homemade Water Table - Keeping Kids Happy With W...
- * Baby Doll Washing Station
- * Make An Ocean In A Bag and More Beachy Fun Craft...
- * Smart Summer Challenge Week 4: Forest Friendly W...
- * Acorn Cap Bird Nests Craft
- * Pine Cone Bird Craft and Pine Cone Elf Friends C...
- * Scientific Explorer Day Giveaway!
- * Homemade Marshmallow Shooters and Toilet Paper T...
- * Homemade Flower and Leaf Press
- * Homemade Backyard Nature Explorer Kit!
- * Patriotic 4th of July Eye Spy Rice Bottle
- * 4th of July Patriotic Rice Sensory Box
- * Kid's Art Project: George Washington Mixed Media...
- * Smart Summer Challenge: Week One- Me On the Map ...
- ▼ July (15)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)