Comments are now closed.
Saturday, July 16, 2011
* Scientific Explorer Day Giveaway!
We decided to have our own family
Outdoor Science Day
during Backyard Science Week.
That's us making Ice Cream
in a Pillow Case...
Yes, a Pillow Case!
That's how we roll around here.
I recently received an Outdoor Science Day Package
that included three different backyard science kits
to try out with my girls compliments of my friends
at Elmer's Glue and Scientific Explorer!
First we made
homemade ice cream in a pillow case!
The girls were super excited to try this one.
We gathered ingredients and "E" wrote down each recipe
as we experimented with skim milk vs. 2% milk,
white milk vs. chocolate milk, sugar vs. honey, etc.
Stirring up the "potions"
Mixing the ice cream in a pillow case
(inside a plastic bag with salt and ice cubes!)
We had to take turns shaking and flipping it for 20 minutes!
It was a good workout : )
We had a little family taste test to see which flavor
we liked the best -
Pink Strawberry, Chocolate, Vanilla, or Blue Honey Vanilla.
The four flavors on our tie-dyed pillow case!
Our Blue Honey Vanilla ice cream was
voted by our family to be the best!
The girls also loved this My First Backyard Explorer Kit
it comes with a guidebook filled with fun (kid friendly and mom-manageable) experiments.
Their favorite "experiment" was using this rope
and setting it up in various places around the yard between
4 sticks to see what lives in a square foot - it's a lot more than you think!
This nifty little observation scope was "C"s favorite tool
in the kit. She examined moths, flowers, and bugs.
They also sent us this super cool Baking Soda and Vinegar Rocket kit...
but our yard has too many neighboring trees to do the 100 ft. (Wowzers!) clearance it needs.
We're planning a trip to the nearby High School Soccer Field
as soon as we get a nice sunny day with fewer gnats!
Want to have some outdoor science fun of your own?
Comments are now closed.
Pink and Green Mama
Scientific Explorer provided me and my family with the
three science kits reviewed in this post, free of charge.
The opinions expressed are entirely my own
and I did not receive any additional compensation.
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- * Smart Summer Challenge Week 5: Water Fun Week Li...
- * Homemade Water Table - Keeping Kids Happy With W...
- * Baby Doll Washing Station
- * Make An Ocean In A Bag and More Beachy Fun Craft...
- * Smart Summer Challenge Week 4: Forest Friendly W...
- * Acorn Cap Bird Nests Craft
- * Pine Cone Bird Craft and Pine Cone Elf Friends C...
- * Scientific Explorer Day Giveaway!
- * Homemade Marshmallow Shooters and Toilet Paper T...
- * Homemade Flower and Leaf Press
- * Homemade Backyard Nature Explorer Kit!
- * Patriotic 4th of July Eye Spy Rice Bottle
- * 4th of July Patriotic Rice Sensory Box
- * Kid's Art Project: George Washington Mixed Media...
- * Smart Summer Challenge: Week One- Me On the Map ...
- ▼ July (15)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)