Sunday, August 14, 2011
* Elmer's Gel Glue Batik Aprons
To celebrate our Elmer's Kids Craft Camp
we tried out another classic art teacher project,
batik dyeing with Elmer's Gel Glue
and acrylic paint on craft aprons.
This project was inspired by Gail at That Artist Woman blog.
Start by "drawing" your design on your fabric
with Elmer's Gel Glue.
We worked on aprons but you could also use canvas bags, t-shirts, or pillow cases.
The glue will seep through the fabric a bit
so you'll want to put a piece of cardboard, newspaper,
or magazine underneath your project to protect the table.
Allow the gel glue to dry completely.
We let ours dry in the sun for several hours.
Then, paint over the designs with acrylic paint.
You can even water down the paint for a more liquid-y look.
Protect your work-surface area with cardboard,
newspapers, or similar underneath the painted fabric.
The painted aprons.
Allow the paint to dry completely before
starting the final step!
Now for the fun, magical part!
Fill your sink with warm/hot water
and soak the projects for 10-20 minutes.
The gel glue will dissolve, you can help it along
by rubbing the fabric together and agitating it a bit
to scrub off any excess glue.
Allow your wet projects to dry...
Enjoy your awesome batik!
This project is part of our two-week series
for the Elmer's Craft Camp giveaway!
This giveaway is now closed.
pink and green mama, MaryLea
All opinions expressed in this post are my own.
Elmer's glue provided me and my family with a crate full of art supplies
to review and keep. I did not receive any additional compensation for this post.
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- * ReCycle Craft: Milk Carton Weaving!
- * ReCycle Craft: Paper Cup Weaving!
- * Melted Disney Princess Crayon Rainbow Canvas!
- * Make a Melted RAINBOW Crayon Canvas!
- * Elmer's Back To School Giveaway!
- * Permanent Marker and Watercolor Resist Weaving
- * Permanent Marker and Rubbing Alcohol Technique f...
- * Elmer's Gel Glue Batik Aprons
- * How To Make Elmer's Glue Rainbow Glue - ReCycle ...
- * Black Glue and Watercolor Resist: How To Make Bl...
- * Foam Core Puppet Theatre With Elmer's Kids Craft...
- * Elmer's Kids Craft Camp Giveaway Week!
- * Smart Summer Challenge Week 6 Final Super, Doope...
- * Outer Space Themed Sensory Box
- * Outer Space Planet Counting Plates and Preschool...
- * Out Of This World Homemade Outer Space Bean Bags...
- * Homemade Outer Space Felt Board and Felt Build A...
- * Splatter Paint and Watercolor Outer Space Pictur...
- ▼ August (18)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)