Loading...

Monday, August 8, 2011

* Foam Core Puppet Theatre With Elmer's Kids Craft Camp



As part of our two week-long Elmer's Kids Craft Camp, 
the girls and I made a foam core puppet theatre. 


Using our X-Acto Knife, two pieces of Elmer's Bi-Fold Foam 
and my glue gun, we assembled a simple theatre.


Using an Elmer's Glue Bond glue stick,
"E" made a really cool magazine collage background for the puppet theatre. 


Collaged landscape background made from magazine pages. 


For the puppets, "E" and "C" picked out some small people
from one of the magazines and we glued them to  pieces of colored construction paper. 


Then, I carefully glue-gunned them to bamboo shish-kabob skewers the girls
stole from our kitchen drawer!


Skewered ladies, ready to twirl!


We carefully poked holes in the floor of the stage
so the puppets can be arranged and can stand up by themselves in the theatre. 

They also twirl very well, like ballerinas!


"E" started to make additional background scenes by gluing more magazine collages
onto extra pieces of foam core and card stock to insert into the back of the theatre!


Want to win some fun foam core and glue sticks of your own?
Visit my post from Saturday August 6th and leave a comment
for a chance to win your own craft kit full of art supplies 
from our friends at Elmer's glue!
This giveaway is now closed.

Fondly,
pink and green mama, MaryLea

All opinions expressed in this post are my own.
Elmer's glue provided me and my family with a crate full of art supplies
to review and keep. I did not receive any additional compensation for this post. 


3 comments:

Cat said...

This is adorable! You give me such inspiration!

(btw I emailed you, but it keeps coming back to my inbox so I'm not sure if you got it or if I am doing it wrong, lol. My email is luvapotter@aol.com )

Mrs. Owens said...

I stumbled across your blog through Pinterest. My son & I made the sidewalk chalk paint yesterday and we both loved it! I posted about it on my blog today. I'm a new follower!

Rachel
Go Fourth! With Mrs. Owens

Having Fun at Home said...

Love it! So well thought through and beautifully executed but so simple!

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...