Tuesday, August 2, 2011
* Homemade Outer Space Felt Board and Felt Build A Rocket Game
I made this outer space felt board set for the girls to play with this week
for our final Smart Summer Challenge week,
Outer Space Fun!
The background is one of our homemade felt boards,
blue felt glued to a big poster board-size piece of foam core.
To make the planets, and other goodies
I just drew with permanent markers (Sharpies) on stiff felt from the craft store.
Then, I carefully cut them out and handed them to "C"
who promptly decided where everything should go
and requested a rocket ship, some stars, and her own pink planet.
"E" asked for an alien, a UFO, and her own blue and purple planet.
I also put together this little game for "C"s preschool at home centers.
It is based off of this printable game from Making Learning Fun
that I found through the Counting Coconuts blog.
Hers was made out of laminated paper, but I was on a roll with my felt board project
so I went ahead and made ours as a mini felt board.
(she has some GREAT ideas on her mini space unit if you have a preschooler at home
and the Making Learning Fun site has TONS of great Space printables!)
It's similar to our homemade Felt Build a Pumpkin Face Game
(Remember this one?) I made for the girls at Halloween in 2010.
The "Spacey background" is a piece of glittery black
(stiff) felt that I had in my craft supply stash.
The space ship parts are made out of scraps of felt.
The dice is a wooden block we painted black and added our own white painted dots.
I wanted to use a regular die but "C" wanted to make a homemade one....
The game directions are printed on card stock, each time she rolls the dice
there is a piece of the rocket ship that corresponds to the numbers on the dice.
I hand colored the instructions sheet with some Elmer's Gel Pens
so she'd have an easier time working independently.
Bonus - she can play with the rocket ship on her big felt board too!
I'll be sharing more of our Outer Space fun all week.
Please come back and link up on this Friday for our
biggest Smart Summer Challenge giveaway of the summer!
pink and green mama, MaryLea
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- * ReCycle Craft: Milk Carton Weaving!
- * ReCycle Craft: Paper Cup Weaving!
- * Melted Disney Princess Crayon Rainbow Canvas!
- * Make a Melted RAINBOW Crayon Canvas!
- * Elmer's Back To School Giveaway!
- * Permanent Marker and Watercolor Resist Weaving
- * Permanent Marker and Rubbing Alcohol Technique f...
- * Elmer's Gel Glue Batik Aprons
- * How To Make Elmer's Glue Rainbow Glue - ReCycle ...
- * Black Glue and Watercolor Resist: How To Make Bl...
- * Foam Core Puppet Theatre With Elmer's Kids Craft...
- * Elmer's Kids Craft Camp Giveaway Week!
- * Smart Summer Challenge Week 6 Final Super, Doope...
- * Outer Space Themed Sensory Box
- * Outer Space Planet Counting Plates and Preschool...
- * Out Of This World Homemade Outer Space Bean Bags...
- * Homemade Outer Space Felt Board and Felt Build A...
- * Splatter Paint and Watercolor Outer Space Pictur...
- ▼ August (18)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)