- Leaves to study and look at (or print-outs from the internet of leaves)
- Student quality Watercolor Paper
- Elmer's Gel Glue (or Elmer's White School Glue)
- Watercolors (brush, water dish)
- Table Salt (optional) for fancy sprinkle effects
Monday, September 26, 2011
* Easy Colorful Fall Leaf Project With Elmer's Gel Glue and Watercolor
For this project you will need:
Appropriate for Ages 3- 103
This simple fall art project can be done with a variety of ages.
For preschoolers (ages 3 and up) they can draw the leaves
with pencil and have help (if needed) outlining the leaves
with the Elmer's (blue) Gel Glue, you could also
substitute White Elmer's School Glue.
Students can even try tracing real leaves on their papers.
Don't forget to draw the veins on each leaf,
notice how their patterns change too!
Older children should be able to lightly sketch their leaves onto the watercolor paper
and outline them with the glue by themselves.
Allow the glue to dry completely before painting with the watercolors.
After the glue has dried,
have fun painting the leaves and background areas with a variety
of beautiful watercolor colors.
Students can use "realistic" or "natural" earth tone colors
but I always encourage my students to use bright
and colorful colors, it's more playful and whimsical that way.
The glue will create a natural resist or barrier to the paint
and pop out the outlines and veins on the leaves.
While the paint is still wet, you can add a sprinkle of table salt
or sea salt to the painting to create a sprinkle effect.
Just shake off the excess salt after the painting has dried.
These leaf paintings are a beautiful bit of fall color
for your home or hallway.
They're also fun to laminate and turn into fall place mats!
Happy Leaf Painting!
Pink and Green Mama,
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- * Colorful Fall Leaves With Oil Pastel On Newspape...
- * Easy Colorful Fall Leaf Project With Elmer's Gel...
- * Fall Fun: Art Lesson with Warm and Cool Colors L...
- * Fall Fun: Making Leaves With Elmer's Glue and Wa...
- * Pink and Green Mama Crafts: Exploring EVEN More ...
- * Kid-Friendly Fun: Liquid Watercolors Spin Art
- * Salt and Glue Watercolor Paintings!
- ▼ September (7)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)