Friday, October 28, 2011
* Fall Art Project: Turkeys In Disguise
This project was always a blast to do with the kids
in October or November when I was teaching elementary school art.
We would make "Turkeys in Disguise" out of cut paper
or as a drawing assignment depending on the amount of time
I had with each group of kids.
Feel free to adapt and do however you see fit,
it's lots of fun to see how clever the kids are and see what
they're imaginations come up with!
It makes a cute hallway display
and it's also a fun Thanksgiving day craft for the kid's table!
(Shh... I'm a Lamp Not a Turkey)
I would start by explaining to the class that the Turkeys needed some help
disguising themselves before Thanksgiving.
They aren't the smartest birds so they aren't the best at hiding in their disguises.
You need to come up with a disguise for your turkey that is clever,
but we can still tell it's a turkey.
Then, we would sketch ideas and brainstorm.
Once they had their idea worked out, they'd draw a final copy
on nice drawing paper, or work with construction paper
to make a cut paper collage.
(Psst... I'm a Mummy Not a Turkey)
For the cut paper turkeys, we would start with a basic
bowling- ball-pin-shape cut out of construction paper and build on from there.
For the drawings, we would sketch lightly in pencil,
trace over it in Crayola markers, then color in with
Crayola twistables, colored pencils, or crayons.
It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's Super Turkey!
I'm a Cheerleader not a Turkey...
Give Me a "T"!
Gobble, Gobble, I mean... ahem, Meow.
I'm a Cat not a Turkey!
You get the idea.
Happy Turkey-Disguise Making!
Pink and Green Mama
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- * Halloween Crafts for Kids: Yarn Pom-Pom Pumpkins...
- * Fall Art Project: Turkeys In Disguise
- * Preschool At Home: Halloween Counting and Sortin...
- * Halloween Themed Sensory Box!
- * Easy Fall Kid Craft: Colored Glue Leaves With Wa...
- * Easy Fall Kid Craft: Sandpaper and Crayon Leaves...
- * Sensory Boxes 101 Tips and Inspiration: How To M...
- * Bleach Spider Web Halloween Shirt Tutorial
- * Preschool At Home: Fall Sensory Box
- * Preschool At Home: Apple Themed Sensory Box
- * Fall Leaf Simple Printmaking Project for Kids Wi...
- ▼ October (11)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)