Monday, October 10, 2011
* Preschool At Home: Fall Sensory Box
First, I have to apologize for these crummy photos...
it was too dark when I took them and I really don't like the way
that half-peeled label looks on the side of the sensory box.
Here is this year's Fall Sensory Box.
"C" helped me put it together.
It's filled with dried green split peas
(the same kind we used in our Apple Sensory Box)
Here's a link to last year's Fall Sensory Box.
But these are "scented" with a dash of cinnamon and allspice.
A few real cinnamon sticks add to the yummy smells!
There are two small wooden scoops from the craft store,
a small wooden bucket,
a Target Dollar Bin craft foam tree and scarecrow (from this year),
and a small wooden rake from a Dollar Tree Zen Garden set.
We also have some silk and felt "faux" leaves from the craft store
and some faux gourds and pumpkins from Dollar Tree.
The small "flower pots" on the right side of this picture
are silicone baking cups from Wilton (also a craft store purchase last spring)
She sorted "glass" acorns from Michaels (purchased last year) into the cups
by size and color.
"C" (age 4) thought the Polly Pocket princesses needed to frolic in the leaves.
She's been having great fun in her Fall Sensory Box!
(pssst..her big sister (age 8) has been known to play in it on occasion as well!)
Happy Playing and Exploring!
Pink and Green Mama
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- * Halloween Crafts for Kids: Yarn Pom-Pom Pumpkins...
- * Fall Art Project: Turkeys In Disguise
- * Preschool At Home: Halloween Counting and Sortin...
- * Halloween Themed Sensory Box!
- * Easy Fall Kid Craft: Colored Glue Leaves With Wa...
- * Easy Fall Kid Craft: Sandpaper and Crayon Leaves...
- * Sensory Boxes 101 Tips and Inspiration: How To M...
- * Bleach Spider Web Halloween Shirt Tutorial
- * Preschool At Home: Fall Sensory Box
- * Preschool At Home: Apple Themed Sensory Box
- * Fall Leaf Simple Printmaking Project for Kids Wi...
- ▼ October (11)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)