Wednesday, October 26, 2011
* Preschool At Home: Halloween Counting and Sorting Games
We have some fun Halloween-themed activities
on our preschool at home shelves this week.
"C" (age 4) has really been enjoying this counting game.
I picked up a couple of bags of mini halloween erasers
in the dollar bin area at Target and they are great little math manipulatives.
I printed out some numbers on card stock and sort them into
this wooden box (I think it's left over from a Melissa and Doug toy)
She loves counting her little erasers and does this in the afternoon
while big sister is working on her homework.
She's also been having fun with the light table.
I stuck some googly-eyed halloween face stickers onto scrapbook paper
and trimmed around them. They're fun little light table manipulatives.
"C" drew this Haunted House to set up all of her little faces in the windows.
"C" drawing her Haunted House on drawing paper.
This little tray has been popular with both of my girls!
It was inspired by the awesome activities from the
(go check it out, she has the cutest games there)
"C"s favorite is cutting the strips of scrapbook paper.
She actually cut out all of the little skeletons
then wrote "Boo!" on the back of them and put them in that little tin candy box.
The hole punch is a bit harder for her but "E" (age 8) really likes it.
We also tried sharpening some Halloween pencils but she likes
the electric sharpener better!
We also have two little buckets of spider rings with a set of tweezers
but I didn't get a photo of it.
"C" likes transferring the spiders back and forth and sorting them by color
(orange and black.)
And, of course, we've been having fun with the Halloween sensory table.
Are you doing any halloween-themed activities
at home or in your classroom this week?
Pink and Green Mama
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- * Halloween Crafts for Kids: Yarn Pom-Pom Pumpkins...
- * Fall Art Project: Turkeys In Disguise
- * Preschool At Home: Halloween Counting and Sortin...
- * Halloween Themed Sensory Box!
- * Easy Fall Kid Craft: Colored Glue Leaves With Wa...
- * Easy Fall Kid Craft: Sandpaper and Crayon Leaves...
- * Sensory Boxes 101 Tips and Inspiration: How To M...
- * Bleach Spider Web Halloween Shirt Tutorial
- * Preschool At Home: Fall Sensory Box
- * Preschool At Home: Apple Themed Sensory Box
- * Fall Leaf Simple Printmaking Project for Kids Wi...
- ▼ October (11)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)