Sunday, October 30, 2011
* Halloween Crafts for Kids: Yarn Pom-Pom Pumpkins, Owls, and Monsters, Oh My!
The girls and I recently got hooked on making
yarn pom-poms with a fork!
Yes, I remember them from Martha Stewart but when
I saw a mini tutorial over at the Whimsy Love Blog
its been a non-stop pom-pom making whirlwind ever since!
It started with a bunch of different pom-poms for our ice cream sensory box
(that I keep forgetting to post!)
On Friday, "C" asked if we could use some of our orange yarn
to make pumpkins with googly eyes.
The fun part, was that she had the whole craft planned out in her head!
Then she wanted to make an owl with brown yarn.
She picked out felt for the beak and wings.
I love the owl, I think he looks like an Angry Birds character!
Maybe we'll make an Angry Birds pom-pom set next. : )
She used Elmer's glue dots to stick the
googly eyes and mouths to the yarn pom-poms.
The pipe cleaner stems are just stuck into the pom-pom without any glue.
Sticking on googly eyes.
Carefully cutting out felt details.
She also made a green yarn pom-pom monster,
he's hanging out in our miniature Haunted House
right now! I didn't get a photo of him.
Happy Fall Crafting!
For another fun fall game and craft check out my
pink and green mama, MaryLea
- ► 2013 (75)
- ► 2012 (164)
- * Halloween Crafts for Kids: Yarn Pom-Pom Pumpkins...
- * Fall Art Project: Turkeys In Disguise
- * Preschool At Home: Halloween Counting and Sortin...
- * Halloween Themed Sensory Box!
- * Easy Fall Kid Craft: Colored Glue Leaves With Wa...
- * Easy Fall Kid Craft: Sandpaper and Crayon Leaves...
- * Sensory Boxes 101 Tips and Inspiration: How To M...
- * Bleach Spider Web Halloween Shirt Tutorial
- * Preschool At Home: Fall Sensory Box
- * Preschool At Home: Apple Themed Sensory Box
- * Fall Leaf Simple Printmaking Project for Kids Wi...
- ▼ October (11)
- ► 2010 (172)
- ► 2009 (161)